$5.00
$20.00
$15.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

La Bataille de France, 1940» Forums » Rules

Subject: La Bataille de France, questions from a newbie rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ADDA Marc
France
flag msg tools
Hello.
Im a newbie re this game. So, after some reading, some questions arose:
- If I activate a formation but decide to leave some units (no action or reaction), are they finished nonetheless?
- It seems that armor officers are attached to an AFV (7.1). So that officer moves when the AFV moves. That officer doesn't spend MP. So why does it have a MP factor?
9.1.2 'm not sure I understand the following sentence: 'Any formation which has not been activated or is marked as Finished may engage in defensive fire at hal its FF'. Does it mean that a non-reaction unit may defensive fire at half FF whilst a reaction unit may fire at full FF? What happens to non finished or reaction units that defensive fired? Are they finished?
Another question about that point of rule: Defensive fire may be announced before or after pre assault morale checks. The former, all units in the hex are affected, the latter, only assaulting units are affected. Why would someone decides to fire after morale checks? It seems firing before is better?

Marc
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Eskubi
Spain
Bilbao
Vizcaya
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Marc,

Welcome!

Quote:
- If I activate a formation but decide to leave some units (no action or reaction), are they finished nonetheless?


If you decide to take no action with some units after activating the formations, they are marked like finished.

Quote:
- It seems that armor officers are attached to an AFV (7.1). So that officer moves when the AFV moves. That officer doesn't spend MP. So why does it have a MP factor?


Because you can move from one AFV to another and after move the armor formation. In some cases, depending in wich model of tank you have your officer and it depends on what you want to achieve action maybe is best move your officer.

Quote:
9.1.2 'm not sure I understand the following sentence: 'Any formation which has not been activated or is marked as Finished may engage in defensive fire at hal its FF'. Does it mean that a non-reaction unit may defensive fire at half FF whilst a reaction unit may fire at full FF?


If a unit isn't marked as finished or has not been activated fire at half FF; if it's marked with a reaction, fire a full FF.

Quote:
What happens to non finished or reaction units that defensive fired? Are they finished?


Right.

Quote:
Another question about that point of rule: Defensive fire may be announced before or after pre assault morale checks. The former, all units in the hex are affected, the latter, only assaulting units are affected. Why would someone decides to fire after morale checks? It seems firing before is better?


Whatever you decide. If you fire before the assault you fire to all units in the hex and with the defensive value of that hex.
If you fire after will fire the assaulting units only and with the defensive value of the assaulted hex.

Each case is different, depends the terrain you defend or assault, or the terrain he is moving, etc.

Best
Niko
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ADDA Marc
France
flag msg tools
Thanks for the answers, they confirm what I supposed.
BTW, I can't see the forums and threads on my other computer (a mac). I don't know why.

Marc
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.