Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian Kozak
Poland
Szczecin
Zachodniopomorskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you have any questions about the rules or scenarios, please add them here. I will try to answer them as soon as possible.

EDIT:

Please, only ask questions about the rules (rulebook and cards).

If you have any questions about production (components, replacements, other languages, retail, addons etc) I suggest to write a pm on a kickstarter or directly to Titan Forge Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Scholtz
msg tools
designer
Re: Lobotomy FAQ
Dear Sebastian,

Could you please explain following inconceivability?

- Please be so kind and describe where exactly put those objects -
Cabinet / shelves / bodies. If it is possible to prepare the image example.

- Page 19 "the more opponents are gathered on a single space, the more ef-"
the sentence has no continuity.

- Vampire has blood bond skill: Description missing.

- This is discracting - Page.35: Lesbian Vampire diaries / Setup.
"place 3 vampire miniatures at the entrance to the hospital (the space with a car) - There are two spaces that is connected to the car.

- Randomize 3 different vamp tokens. Place one on each remaining quarter - I think this should be written in better form. Please differentiate with two different terms the randomization with D4 and randomization in quarter. So it immediately pops up. For instance Map randomization (D4, quarter randomization (only d12).

- Vampires move towards their corresponding tokens.. hmm, what token is corresponding to whom? How can i track that? - House ruling evoked, that is not good. Describe exactly how to connect vamps with tokens.

- In handicap you noticed: Thralls don't have chaotic skill - description missing and also this is not mentioned in setup.

- Merge Defence and Defense.

- Notice how o use the "bonus" doors.

- The insanity symbol description is absolutely missing in rulebook.

Test outcome - I think it is not a good idea to have a "no limit" capacity rule for each tile...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Kozak
Poland
Szczecin
Zachodniopomorskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi

1. Cabinets/ Shelves - it is the same element but with 2 different graphics (to add some variety), same with bodies. You have highlighted places on each quarter (usually about 5 of them), put the face-down cabinets/shelves on each of these spots. Replace one of these tokens with a body token, which one is up to you, body tokens are for players for an easy gear-up during an early game so the closest ones are the best.

2. Page 19 - this sentence occurs twice. It is also at the start of the next paragraph (right side on this page) and is continued there.

3. Blood bond – gain +1 to attack rolls and an additional attack action for each other vampire within 4 spaces.

4. Place Vampires on any of these spaces but all on the same space.

5. Just choose a quarter and roll d12. Ignore d4 if you have to randomize on a specific quarter.

6. You can use objective tokens 1,2,3 to do that. Vampires will split almost immediately and never get back together until empowered so there should be no problem with tracking which tokens belong to which vampire.

7. Thrall is a mental patient with these additional skills:

Boss. Ap 2.
Guard – characters cannot attack a vampire if there is a thrall on the same space.
Chaotic – add a chaos die to this monster's attack.

Thank you for the rest of the comments. Definately I will pass them to the team who works on a correction.

Sebastian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Grundmann
msg tools
Lopezzz wrote:

3. Blood bond – gain +1 to attack rolls and an additional attack action for each other vampire within 4 spaces.

So if one vampire is within 4 spaces of two other vampires this vampire gets +2 to his attack rolls und +2 additional attack actions? :-)

Just want to make sure I did understand you correctly. ;-)

Regards
GeneralGrundmann

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Kozak
Poland
Szczecin
Zachodniopomorskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
GeneralGrundmann wrote:

So if one vampire is within 4 spaces of two other vampires this vampire gets +2 to his attack rolls und +2 additional attack actions? :-)

Exactly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lexx Lexx
Germany
flag msg tools
Lopezzz wrote:
If you have any questions about the rules or scenarios, please add them here. I will try to answer them as soon as possible.

1. Why are some minis in a tray and some in a bag?
2. Will there be a replacement of incorrect Cards?
3. Will there be a replacement of the Gamecomponents in a other Language (like German) or will the Translation be only available as PDF?

Thanks

P.S. Sorry for my english

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Kozak
Poland
Szczecin
Zachodniopomorskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi Lexx

Please, lets just stick to the rules questions.
I am doing a freelance work for TFG (rules) so I cant answer for a company in matters involving production and stuff - I just dont know, or dont know enought to give you the correct answer. It is better to ask directly through the kickstarter page.

Cheers
Sebastian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Grundmann
msg tools
@Sebastian
We are in the rules subforum, but perhaps you want to change the thread-title to "Lobotomy-RULES-FAQ" or something like that as a kind of clarification what this thread is about. :-)

You might ad your last post to your first post to make it crystal clear. ;-)

Regards
GeneralGrundmann

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Kozak
Poland
Szczecin
Zachodniopomorskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks Felix

I edited the first post and the title, it should be crystal clean now

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lexx Lexx
Germany
flag msg tools
Lopezzz wrote:
Hi Lexx

Please, lets just stick to the rules questions.
I am doing a freelance work for TFG (rules) so I cant answer for a company in matters involving production and stuff - I just dont know, or dont know enought to give you the correct answer. It is better to ask directly through the kickstarter page.

Cheers
Sebastian

Oh Sorry blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Scholtz
msg tools
designer
Ok so after another gameplay we have another findings.

Big momma has following skills that were not described anywhere:

2 (dice symbol) we assumed that she is using 2 shields dice

Leech soul

And definitelly show the setup of each scenario with image. In "memory" scenario it is too abstract.

Some cards have defence and some have defense. So it is not only between rulebook and cards.

Aside those confusing things we enjoyed the game.

But we will not play it again until the designers wont come with more polished game. Because we just play two scenarios and the confusing things pops up too often. And there is a lot of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian Kurek
Germany
Mülheim an der Ruhr
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Mommas 2dice ability means that she can use two defense dice when attacked. It's the symbol of the defense die and you can get it from the context as she looses one defense die when enough diary tokens are destroyed.

But I would also like to know what the leech soul ability does.

I think the monster description is missing in the memories scenario.

It is said earlier in the rules that each scenario consists of monster explanation and explanation of the scenario.
Most of the other scenarios start with the explanation of the special/boss monster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Kozak
Poland
Szczecin
Zachodniopomorskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok so about memory scenario..

Setup: it is really easy. Just randomize 1 diary token on each quarter (simply by rolling d12 on each quarter) and put a little girl on each of these tokens.
You are using Day Room quarter for this scenario and this quarter has a small square guard room in a corner - put a Big Momma there.
The casette token you want to put as far as possible from this room - so diagonally on the opposite quarter (if day room is A than cassette token will be on C) in a space that is in a corner or as close to a corner as possible.

Leech soul – this monster heals for the amount of damage dealt.

2 defence dice - yes, monster rolls 2 shield dice when defending. Roll twice this die and add the results.

Cheers
Sebastian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian Kurek
Germany
Mülheim an der Ruhr
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Sebastian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie Wynen
msg tools
mbmb
Thanks Sebastian!
I am playing through the first scenario solo for my second time and also had above questions. So it's cool to find the answers here.

Some more things I am wondering about:
- placement of doors: is it only doors between rooms and the corridor or also between two rooms? I assume we don't have to place doors on the solitary confinement cells?
- cabinet search: if a search fails, can you immediately try to search the cabinet again if you still have an action left? It might spawn another monster, but that's the risk you have to take then. Or is the cabinet discarded once it is flipped, no matter whether the search was successfull or not?

I'm liking the game so far. The unclear rules don't seem to be so many and most of it is just logical thinking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Grundmann
msg tools
Hi Sebastian!

I hope you are ready for some rules-questions. laugh

1. Discarding the not chosen mental disorder cards, page 6.

Q: What does "discard the rest" mean?

A) Put them back into the mental disorder decks they are from.
OR
B) Remove them from the game.

2. Monster spawn, page 10.

Q: What happens if I should spawn a monster and don´t have a miniature left for this spawn?

A) Nothing, all monsters are in the game, that´s it.
OR
B) ...

If there ist no penalty than kickstarters backers have to play a more difficult game because they have more minatures availabe. cry

3. Critical, pages 18 & 20 and Avoidance page 29.

Q: How do these two rules interact with each other?

A) Each single wound that is not *avoided* becomes two wounds.
OR
B) You *avoide* against each doubled wound separately.

4. Frost attack, page 19.

Q: What happens to a frozen monster that does not have to move and attacks twice?

A) Only the first attack rolls one less die.
OR
B) All attacks roll one less die.

5. AoE attack, page 19.

Q: Can I use an AoE-Attack on a space my miniature and/or other friendly miniatures are standing?

A) No.
OR
B) Yes, but even friendly miniatures are damaged.
OR)
C) Yes, and only enemy miniatures are damaged.

6. Death, page 24.

Q: After non-permanent death, what does "recover two insanity points" mean?

A) Just subtract 2 insanity points from your insanity level when you died.
OR
B) You start with 2 insanity points after non-permanent death, regardless of how many insanity points you had when you died.

7. Finishing a scenario reward(s), page 26.

Q: Do we get both rewards or do we have to choose one?

A) Both rewards.
OR
B) Choose one reward.

8. Inspiring presence, page 29.

Q: Does Inspiring presence stack? Does Aura of Despair stack? Does Aura of Reality stack?

A) Yes.
OR
B) No.

9. Main board, page 29.

Q: What is the "main board"?

A) The whole board.
OR
B) The whole board except the central board piece.

10. Handicaps, page 31 onwards.

Q: If we play with 3 players only, should we use only the 3 player handicap and/or also the 4 player handicap

A) Both handicaps.
OR
B) Only the the 3 player handicap.

11. Witch monster card

Q: Does I have to use "the damaged character moves to a random space" only fe I rolled a natural "6" for the attack OR do I have to use this regardless of the rolled attack?

A) Only after rolled "6".
OR
B) Every damaged character has to do this regardless of rolled attack.

12. Witch monster card

Q: What does "random space" mean?

A) It means "Randomization" according to the rulebook definition from page 28.
OR
B) Some adjacent space, randomly chosen.

13. Big Mama monster card

Q: What does "eternal grudge" mean?

A)...

14. Antichrist monster card

Q: If I roll a natural attack "6", how often can I roll again?

A) Just once.
OR
B) As long as you roll "6"s.

15. Twins monster card

Q: I roll 6 dice with "Ghostly" AND "critical strike" + 5 dice with *only* "Ghostly"? Is this one single attack, so I should roll all dice at once together or are these two different attacks resolved one after another?

A) One attack rolled together.
OR
B) Two attacks one after another.

16. Nemesis monster card

Q: Why should I play with the Nemesis if it´s only making the game more difficult and doesn´t offer any reward?

A) Because you can, you have the miniature and the rules, DO IT! angry
OR
B) ...

Besides these minor issues I am VERY happy with the rulebook and the game. The gameplay is smooth and exciting, although the random spawning makes planning really difficult. Concerning typos in the rulebook and on cards, I don´t have had any issues so far. There are some ability descriptions missing and some scenarios need a little bit more clarification, but all in all this is a very solid work!

Best regards
GeneralGrundmann

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian Kurek
Germany
Mülheim an der Ruhr
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Damon Brooks wrote:
Thanks Sebastian!
I am playing through the first scenario solo for my second time and also had above questions. So it's cool to find the answers here.

Some more things I am wondering about:
- placement of doors: is it only doors between rooms and the corridor or also between two rooms? I assume we don't have to place doors on the solitary confinement cells?
- cabinet search: if a search fails, can you immediately try to search the cabinet again if you still have an action left? It might spawn another monster, but that's the risk you have to take then. Or is the cabinet discarded once it is flipped, no matter whether the search was successfull or not?

I'm liking the game so far. The unclear rules don't seem to be so many and most of it is just logical thinking.

Concerning the placement of the doors:
In the rules it is said, that doors are placed on the highlighted places of the board.
Not all doorplaces between corridors and rooms are highlighted (but most of them) and sometimes the doors between two rooms are also highlighted.
In some cases it's a bit difficult to decide wether the door is highlighted or not.

Cabinet search: I playtested the game at SPIEL in Essen and was told, that you have only one chance to search a cabinet. If you don't roll enough successes the cabinet is discarded, no retries!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Kozak
Poland
Szczecin
Zachodniopomorskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Robbie:

The places to put the door tokens are a little bit highlighted. You do not put a token on solitary cells.

The lockers are discarded after the search test no matter what result was (your imagination could be not strong enough to imagine an item inside )

Felix:

1. A

2. A

3. B

4. A

5. C

6. A

7. A

8. A

9. A

10. A - the 3 player handicap is often the upgraded version of 4 player handicap

11. A

12. A

13. When Big Momma is defeated spawn her again in her starting position (as during scenario setup).

14. B

15. B

16. You should play with the mini boss (nemesis or any addon one instead), that is why we put him in the box. There is a possibility that he will not spawn at all (at least with 1 scenario game) but the feeling of constant danger should be there.

Regards
Sebastian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Damon Brooks wrote:
Thanks Sebastian!

The start of the manual section on Searching (p12) states that once searched the token is discarded - i.e. just one chance to search each Locker Token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince LeCoque
msg tools
I don't think anybody asked it:

Scenario "Memories"

If we are able to get 2 of these Little Girl Spawn Coins the text says, Big Mama loses her 4 avoidance. My Big Mama Card has no avoidance on it. Do the Girls lose avoidance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Badura
msg tools
Don't know if this is a rules or a "card printed wrong" or "card missing" question:
Had a game with the characters: Dayle Walker and Helena Swann. They both get the "gaspipe" as starting equipment, but we only found one "gaspipe" equipment card?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian Kurek
Germany
Mülheim an der Ruhr
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XxVoynichxX wrote:
Don't know if this is a rules or a "card printed wrong" or "card missing" question:
Had a game with the characters: Dayle Walker and Helena Swann. They both get the "gaspipe" as starting equipment, but we only found one "gaspipe" equipment card?!

We had the same problem when we were testing the game at SPIEL in Essen.
There we were told that it is a mistake in the game. One of the characters gets the gaspipe and the other one gets a random weapon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Kozak
Poland
Szczecin
Zachodniopomorskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Vince - yes

Lars - one character gets a gaspipe and the other one gets a random weapon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Grundmann
msg tools
@Sebastian
Thank you for your fast answers! :-)

Some more questions:

1. This is a more general question concerning your use of the word "discard" and if this means to be "removed from game" or not. You already answered this question concerning discarding unused mental disorders during character setup, these cards are not removed from game.

There is an interesting example on rulebook page 13, Memories
- Memory tokens that are picked up are discarded after drawing a memory card
- If I trade 2 memory cards for one basic skill, these two memory cards are discarded and it is additionally written: "If you do that, discard the memory cards (do not put them back in the memory deck)".

"Discard" is used very often.

It has a massive impact on the game if discarded cards can be used again or not!
And if yes, in which kind of way.

Examples:
- memory tokens
- weapons
- equipment
- drugs/meds

Q: What does "discard" normally mean?

A) Remove from game.
OR
B) Put it back where it is from and reshuffle the deck.
OR
C) Place a discarded card next to the deck it belongs to and if the deck is used up but you need another card, reshuffle all discarded cards and create a new deck.

2. Placement of body tokens, rulebook page 6.
Last year in Essen we were allowed to place one body token on the pentagram in the middle of the board and one in each quarter of the board on a bright/highlighted corridor place.

Q: You already did say that you have to replace cabinet tokens to place the body tokens, so I only would like to ask you, would allowing to play it as we did last year makes the game too easy or would you consider this to be okay?

A) Too easy. You have to replace a cabinet token to place a body token.
OR
B) It´s okay, it´s a house rule but give it a try.

3. Imagination, rulebook page 7.

There are meds/drugs card which can increase the Imagination value.

Q: Is this increase permanent?

A) Yes.
OR
B) No.

4. Power attack, monsters and avoidance, rulebook page 19.

It is written that a stunned character has 0 defense and loses all avoidance. A stunned monster has 0 defense but there is nothing written about keeping or losing avoidance.

Q: Which is correct?

A) Yes, a stunned monster can still use avoidance.
OR
B) No, a stunned monster can also not use any avoidance.

5. Big Mama monster card, eternal grudge and Memorable, rulebook page 29.

Q: When can "Memorable" be used?

A) Only the first time Big Mama is killed.
OR
B) Only the second time Big Mama is killed once and for all!
OR
C) Each time Big Mama is killed.

6. Arnie´s Memory Wrestlmania skill and Boss monster, rulebook page 29.

Boss monsters cannot be controlled in any way.

Q: Does using the Wrestlemania skill counts as "controlling" a monster?

A) Yes, it does count as controlling a monster, so you can´t move round Boss monsters.
OR
B) No, it doesn´t count as controlling a monster, so push The Warden around if you dare!

7. OCD deck, "Trail of sorrow"-utility

Q: To which space do I have to deal damage?

A) Deal damage to the space the miniature is leaving.
OR
B) Deal damage to the space the miniature moves into.
OR
C) Deal damage to both spaces.

8. Q: Do I miss something or is there really only one regular way to get more mental disorder cards, and that is "Finishing a scenario", rulebook page 26?

A) You are right, that´s the only way.
OR
B) You are missing this: ...

9. If you play Dayle and Helena together you told us to give one of both the gaspipe and the other person a random weapon. Personally I would prefere to give Dayle the Gaspipe because his miniature already carries a gaspipe. And I think it´s so cool that Grandma Bates get a random weapon by default, I don´t want to over use it.

I am torn between the Kitchen Knife or the Scalpel as starting weapon for Helena. I would prefere the Scalpel because the Ellen miniature looks like she is already holding the Kitchen Knife.

Q: If you have to choose between Kitchen Knife and Scalpel, which one would you give Helena from your game designer point of view?

A) Kitchen Knife
OR
B) Scalpel

Keep up your excellent clarification work!

Best regards
GeneralGrundmann

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi all, I decided to start doing a compilation of these questions.

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/24047186#24047186

would appreciate if everyone move there so is easier to put in one place.
I have PM Sebastian, and copy/paste under quoted the last question here over there.

update to here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.