4 Posts

A Victory Lost» Forums » Rules

Subject: Turn 1 Special Combat Segment and stavka rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
arubioe arubioe
Spain
flag msg tools
Does it make sense anything else other than activate the stavka in the first turn special combat segment?

I understand that then stavka can back out as normal cup that same turn, not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting question in that I never thought to look at it this way. I have played that the Stavka is a special command chit and not a "HQ"(same as the manstein chits). So I don't believe you can play Stavka in the special combat phase. I could possibly be wrong on that tho.
If you are able to play Stavka in the special command phase, the disadvantage is that you loose the movement phase, units can only advance after combat in the special combat phase.
I will have to confer with the rule book and get you the exact pages that this is on, but thats my best guess off the top of my head.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the rule(s) and my interpretation of them:
4.1.2 Command execution phase- Turn 1 Special Special combat Segment:
On turn one only, the Soviet player can activate any one(1) of his HQs.
...no command chit whatsoever is drawn during this special combat segment.
2.4 Command chits are used to activate specific HQ's. There is one corresponding command chit for each HQ, plus three special command chits: two Axis Manstein chits and one Soviet Stavka chit.

Since Stavka is a special command chit and not an HQ, and no command chits are drawn for the special combat phase, then in conclusion Stavka cannot be selected for the special combat phase, only individual HQs.

I think this is pretty clear that Stavka can be used only in the regular command chit draw phase of regular turns.

Hope this helps.

Besides, if Stavka was able to be utilized in the special combat phase, I believe there wouldn't be much of a chance for the axis player to ever recoup his losses and would wind up loosing the game fairly quickly.

Happy Gaming!
Erik
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter B.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot activate STAVKA! Only one Russian HQ on the map can be activated.

I normally activate the HQ in the center where the Italians are.
There is one Russian unit in the range, which is already on the other side of the river. In this area you can make a big hole in the defensive line with your infantry and tanks.

Best,
Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.