Subject: Location #4: Offer 1 fruit to everybody rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Franck@DoW
France
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say we're in a 4-player game and I only have 2 fruit cards in hand.

May I offer both fruit cards ? Or should I just draw 1 card as I cannot offer one to everybody?

What happens to the cards nobody took? Do I take them back in hand or do I discard them?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Kröpke
Germany
Ascheberg
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You offer the 2 fruits. Only if you have 0 fruits in your hand, you must draw 1 fruit from the stack.

Some players may get no fruits as a result. Also, they can decide to pass on your offer.

If only 1 player takes a fruit or nobody takes fruits, you take the offered fruit(s) back into your hand after each player had his chance to take a fruit.

Have fun with Fabled Fruit!

Henning
(2F-Spiele)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franck@DoW
France
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Henning!

Now, if I have 5 cards in my 4-player game, do I choose 3 cards to offer or do I offer the whole hand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Kröpke
Germany
Ascheberg
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
When using location #4, you always offer ALL fruits in your hand, so the opponents can choose from your whole hand of fruits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Vion
France
Préseau
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So you offer your whole hand (this is totally unclear in the English rules). Has each player exactly one opportunity to take fruits or do they take turns until all offered cards are taken (or everyone has passed)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Kröpke
Germany
Ascheberg
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You offer your whole hand and then each player has exactly one opportunity to pick a fruit.

If you offer less fruits the last player(s) may not get a pick.

You take all remaining (non-picked) fruits back into your hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Case
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Henning wrote:
You offer your whole hand and then each player has exactly one opportunity to pick a fruit.

If you offer less fruits the last player(s) may not get a pick.

You take all remaining (non-picked) fruits back into your hand.

When you offer your hand and the first player picks a fruit (which means you draw two) do you have to offer the new ones you have chosen?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Kröpke
Germany
Ascheberg
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Case wrote:
When you offer your hand and the first player picks a fruit (which means you draw two) do you have to offer the new ones you have chosen?

No, you only offer your initial hand of cards. You keep the new cards in your hand without showing them to other players.

Have fun with Fabled Fruit,

Henning
(2F-Spiele)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
XIPULOXX FHTAGN!
mbmbmbmbmb
scand1sk wrote:
So you offer your whole hand (this is totally unclear in the English rules).

For what it's worth, it seemed clear in the English rules to me. The instructions on the card (and in the rules) start with "Place the fruits from your hand face up" and I never imagined "the fruits" could mean anything other than all the fruits.

I can see how the fact that it's preceded by "Offer 1 fruit to everybody" could make you think that you only offer up 1 fruit per other player, but that's just the title of the card, not part of the detailed instructions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.