Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick D
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any tips on getting your curve on? I can jump them and shoot them straight but my curve shots are particularly bad. Any tips on getting a good curve shot?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't try to "push" them on the side, do the actual flick, that is: give it some power. The more power you will put, the later the curve will start to happen (some of the power will be first translated into moving forward, while turning).

And really aim for the side, if you aim too much to the center, they will more-less go forward in an awkward motion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandan Parsons
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
Personally, I use the "come hither" finger technique. Your penguin will curve the same way you curl in your finger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rakasis wrote:
Any tips on getting your curve on? I can jump them and shoot them straight but my curve shots are particularly bad. Any tips on getting a good curve shot?

I have the opposite problem--I can curve but can't jump. I tried thumping them on the head as it shows in the rulebook but just can't get it to work. Any tips?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sera Finiert
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
MentatYP wrote:
Rakasis wrote:

I have the opposite problem--I can curve but can't jump. I tried thumping them on the head as it shows in the rulebook but just can't get it to work. Any tips?

Actually yes. Don't try to hit the penguin's head just with force - especially not from a distance. Place your index (or middle) finger directly behind its head, so that you touch it with you finger nails. Otherwise you will lose most of your energy from flicking on the impact and it will just hurt. When you placed your finger gently, then flick with power.
If you aim straight ahead your penguin will jump far. If you aim to the ground (note: you can tilt the penguin forward in order to do that) to let him jump a short distance, but higher. This is useful when you want to jump over a wall when you are on the red line.

TL;DR:
Place your finger directly at the penguin's head. Then flick powerfully.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone needs t make this into a video tutorial!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.