Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Corbin Gross
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
Hey, Y'all.

I wanted to make a quick reference card for all of the keywords to keep my games running smoothly.

If you wouldn't mind taking a look to make sure I got everything correct and it's all included, I'd appreciate it.

I tried to include all the keywords for my sets (Base, CA75th, PTTR, FF, GOTG, SW &2), and left out the keywords that I'm pretty sure are only in the other sets.

It's supposed to be a 2-sided 5x7 card, but I can change the format if it doesn't read well.

And if this hasn't been done to death, let me know where to put the PSD so other people can use it.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quick and dirty, but here's what I got!

* At that size, for legibility reasons, would it be possible to print with a font with serifs?

* In general, you are sometimes dropping the "the" and sometimes leaving it in.

Burrow: "It still counts" is ambiguous.

Cross-Dimensional: Instead, it includes all characters of the same superhero name (She-Hulk, Hulkling) and at least some cases of Heroes of the same legal name (Nul, Maestro.) Wolverinepool counts as Wolverine and Deadpool, for example.

Fateful Resurrection: reveal not Reveal.

Multiple Masterminds: Better to keep the word "Masterminds" on a single line.

Artifact: As I recall (check?) played Artifacts count as cards you are able to discard.

Rise of the Living Dead: player not Player.

Spectrum: Note somehow that it activates like a class ability. Only classes on the Spectrum Hero and Heroes played before it this turn count towards activating Spectrum.

Teleport: Isn't it "at the end of this turn" rather than "for next turn?" The timing matters, especially for effects which discard cards, &c., between your turns.

Wall-crawl: Note that it's recruit instead of Recruit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbin Gross
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
Thank you for the very helpful advice.

I changed the body copy to Bodoni, and the Keywords to Myriad. Also, I tweaked the leading and paragraph spacing a little. I think it looks much better now.

I tried to catch all the missing "the"s, but I may have made it worse. I'm not so good at grammar.

And I think I got all the other stuff too.

I caught an extra Artifact this time though as well.

How's it looking now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually find sans serif fonts more legible. I also note that the Legendary rulebook, which this is clearly designed to look like, uses a sans serif font.

This post is the definitive compilation of keywords and what they mean, but I gather you're attempting to come up with a less wordy version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbin Gross
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
I'm a terrible graphic designer, so I'm always open to input on typography.

My card's type is several points smaller than the rule books/sheets, so it its a little tough to read without glasses. I'll probably try it both with and without serif fonts.

It's only 5x7", as I wanted something very handy to keep by the game for reference. I like that link for keywords, but I'm trying to come up with something printed and very compact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy Castaneda
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's looking great! I too like sans-serif

Is there going to be a low-ink version?

-rudy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbin Gross
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
Hey, good idea.

I picked my dividers based on ink consumption. The ones I used are all white, except the part visible above the cards.

How's this? Can you guys download these right from here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theorel Masheriel
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
You shift from "fight" (Abomination) to "attack" (Circle of Kung-Fu) to "hit" (Shards). I think "attack" is the standard word.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbin Gross
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
Yeah, I'll make that consistent.

These were all originally copy/pasted from another document on the interwebs, so I didn't QC them before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Corbidorbi wrote:
Hey, Y'all.

I wanted to make a quick reference card for all of the keywords to keep my games running smoothly.

If you wouldn't mind taking a look to make sure I got everything correct and it's all included, I'd appreciate it.

I tried to include all the keywords for my sets (Base, CA75th, PTTR, FF, GOTG, SW &2), and left out the keywords that I'm pretty sure are only in the other sets.

It's supposed to be a 2-sided 5x7 card, but I can change the format if it doesn't read well.

And if this hasn't been done to death, let me know where to put the PSD so other people can use it.

Thanks!

Awesome! Subbed and awaiting the final version
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! Welcome to the Legendary BGG forums community, Corbin!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbin Gross
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
Thanks!

"Subbed" is like, "Submitted", right? I know, dumb question, but I'm still pretty new here.

Do people usually provide a JPEG? Or is it better to provide a layered PSD so people can make changes if they want? I know typically layouts are done in InDesign, but I'm not too familiar with the layout programs, so I'm not able to package the project with fonts and stuff, but those elements are probably easy enough to come by.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy Castaneda
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Subbed = Subscribed

Right below the thread tile. If you subscribe you'll get alerts with every new post.

EDIT: It's actually a check box when starting or replying to a thread, too!

-rudy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also a setting in your user profile/preferences that auto-subscribes you to any thread that you post in. I recommend enabling that feature. One could also subscribe to the whole forum if you go here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/forums/thing/129437/

That's what I do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
There's also a setting in your user profile/preferences that auto-subscribes you to any thread that you post in. I recommend enabling that feature. One could also subscribe to the whole forum if you go here:

That's what I do.

I didnt know about the auto-sub to any thread where you had made a post. That is AWESOME! Thanks so much!!

I sub to every game I own and ones that Im contemplating buying.

Also, the Hot Deals are an easy sub. Got some good ones from there before!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Corbidorbi wrote:
Thanks!

"Subbed" is like, "Submitted", right? I know, dumb question, but I'm still pretty new here.

Do people usually provide a JPEG? Or is it better to provide a layered PSD so people can make changes if they want? I know typically layouts are done in InDesign, but I'm not too familiar with the layout programs, so I'm not able to package the project with fonts and stuff, but those elements are probably easy enough to come by.

PSD files are cool if there are errors or if its something custom people would want to make themselves.

But if youre already having people proofread, and going through edits, my guess is that they are unnecessary, and a PDF would suffice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbin Gross
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
Oh, yeah, PDF. I never think of that.

Only thing people might want to change is adding keywords for some other expansions, like Villians, Fear Itself, or whatever.

But this isn't a terribly difficult document to make. I might just add a third panel so I can fit everything on there, just so it's made. Then I could just put "Legendary" or something on the back and it'd be a tri-fold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Corbidorbi wrote:
Oh, yeah, PDF. I never think of that.

Only think people might want to change is adding keywords for some other expansions, like Villians, Fear Itself, or whatever.

But this isn't a terribly difficult document to make. I might just add a third panel so I can fit everything on there, just so it's made. Then I could just put "Legendary" or something on the back and it'd be a tri-fold.

Good call on the tri-fold, I like that idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
One could also subscribe to the whole forum if you go here:

That's what I do.

Me too. Guarantees I don't miss any posts!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely post the PSD in addition to PDF. As Jerome wrote, it will allow others to make their own modifications.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbin Gross
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
OK, so here's the completed version that I'll be using, and a slightly longer, trifold version with all the keywords through Secret Wars, I think.

I was going to put on the keywords from Civil War and Deadpool, but I don't have the motivation to distill down the instructions to 1 or 2 lines. I don't understand them very well since I don't have those expansions. If somebody else wants to trim down the wording to fit on this reference card, I can put them in the layout and repost though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbin Gross
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbin Gross
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance we can get the 4-panel in Black and White?

Also, something for others to consider when printing and using this: I cut the top two panels and rotated them 180-degrees before printing. This let me fold along the seams and create a little booklet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just noticed that S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance is missing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.