Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Thrower
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So we just played the first mission in the game. The mission file states that we should shuffle the new damage cards into the damage deck ... except there were no damage cards. Do I need to go back to Riot for replacements, or is that a misprint?

During the mission one player collected a stack of three fuel tank cards. Now, if we read the mission right, large numbers of minions appear each turn. The starting minions move off the runes and new minions appear. So by turn 3 the board was full of minions. Is this right?

At this point the bomb had 3 health and was surrounded by minions on every side. It looked like game over. However, there seems to be no rule saying what order to have to resolve minion attacks in. We therefore presumed it was player choice: so we had the first minion attack the mech with the fuel tank which detonated and killed every minion in play. The path was then clear to push the bomb on the target space.

So ... can we choose which order minions attack in? And does the fuel tank play also damage other mechs, including the mech that unleashed the bomb?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MattDP wrote:
So we just played the first mission in the game. The mission file states that we should shuffle the new damage cards into the damage deck ... except there were no damage cards. Do I need to go back to Riot for replacements, or is that a misprint?

Misprint - see the FAQ. The damage card shows up in the next mission.

Quote:

During the mission one player collected a stack of three fuel tank cards. Now, if we read the mission right, large numbers of minions appear each turn. The starting minions move off the runes and new minions appear. So by turn 3 the board was full of minions. Is this right?

Yup, the board fills up REALLY fast with minions. We killed 14 minions with a double fuel tank stack in our play - it was AWESOME.

Quote:

At this point the bomb had 3 health and was surrounded by minions on every side. It looked like game over. However, there seems to be no rule saying what order to have to resolve minion attacks in. We therefore presumed it was player choice: so we had the first minion attack the mech with the fuel tank which detonated and killed every minion in play. The path was then clear to push the bomb on the target space.
So ... can we choose which order minions attack in? And does the fuel tank play also damage other mechs, including the mech that unleashed the bomb?

The mission says that mechs get attacked first and bomb gets attacked last.
You do player 1 first and then go clockwise until all players' damage has been dealt, and then you do the bomb. Which can definitely work in the player's favour (especially if one of them has a fuel tank.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Castro
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MattDP wrote:
However, there seems to be no rule saying what order to have to resolve minion attacks in. We therefore presumed it was player choice: so we had the first minion attack the mech with the fuel tank which detonated and killed every minion in play. The path was then clear to push the bomb on the target space.

You likely played it correct, but the only caveat is that the minions have to first attack the current 1st player and not just the player that happens to have a powerful fuel tank.

For the most part it is not possible for mechs to hurt each other... the rare exception is one mech pushing/towing another onto lava or spikes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon van Oorschot
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fuel Tank is probably my favorite card... Blew up 18 minions with a full Fuel Tank = Best boardgame moment in quite some time...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy Castaneda
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where can one find the FAQ?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thegreatrudini wrote:
Where can one find the FAQ?

Thanks!

At mechsvsminions.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy Castaneda
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! I was expecting a file or something. Ooops!

-rudy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Mathew
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Scroll all the way down to the bottom of that page and expand "gameplay questions?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy Castaneda
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bjx25 wrote:
Scroll all the way down to the bottom of that page and expand "gameplay questions?"

Yeah, i got it. Sorry about that. I was overthinking it.

(I was looking for like a printable document to complement the rule book).

-rudy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonezy wrote:
Fuel Tank is probably my favorite card... Blew up 18 minions with a full Fuel Tank = Best boardgame moment in quite some time...

Try to get the Blaze first, to maximize the chance everyone has fuel tanks! laugh

Also, of course, pick the Memory Core before you become First Player to increase the number of Command cards you can pick from.

And, on the first turn, since you draw two Command cards, try to draw two Command Cards of the same suit. Try to set up your mech so that it can have any facing (certain cards, third card of a suit).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.