King of New York: Power Up!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Sheriff evolution moving other monsters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raphaël Langella
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sheriff has 2 evolutions with powers that allow him to "move a monster to another district". Can you move a monster to or from Manhattan? (I guess not)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Villeurbanne
flag msg tools
publisher
I no longer work for IELLO.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
galehar wrote:
Sheriff has 2 evolutions with powers that allow him to "move a monster to another district". Can you move a monster to or from Manhattan? (I guess not)
No. You have to comply to all the normal movement rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Tauman
msg tools
Mattintheweb wrote:
galehar wrote:
No. You have to comply to all the normal movement rules.

The way I look at this, is that cards may 'bend' the rules, not break them.
Therefore IMHO:
'This Town Ain't Big Enough'... you may choose to move an opponents monster from your borough, to another (even NY), as long as it meets the rules of maximum allowed monsters per borough.
'Mammoth Lasso'... states you may move a monster to another borough. I feel you may move a monster 'out' from Manhattan, as more of a 'bending' of the rules, therefore I would allow it.

Subway can move a monster out of Manhattan, in the base game.

Here's some text I pulled from the King of New York BGG page (rules forum):

This is quoted from page 4 of the rulebook:
"Flee/Drive Out: when you are in Manhattan, you may yield your place only if a Monster attacks you. If a card forces or allows a Monster to leave Manhattan (such as Subway), the next monster who moves must enter Manhattan.

Note: My Ver. 1 rule book doesn't have this text, but I do remember reading the official ruling, as stated above.

It would be nice to have an official ruling, but being that this is an old thread, it may not get answered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
King_spadez wrote:
The way I look at this, is that cards may 'bend' the rules, not break them.

Actually, the default rule (for just about every game ever) is that cards CAN break the rules (but usually only if they very obviously do so).

And when it comes to KoT / KoNY cards, it's quite the gray area between "bend" and "break".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.