Subject: Compensation for rule screw-ups? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Neville
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As I mentioned in another thread, we misunderstood the rules for ships sinking and it cost our last place player a milestone.

I had a few ideas for compensating her for the mistake ranging from giving her 2 extra glory at the beginning of our next game or giving her
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The benefit from the milestone she would have earned.

What do you guys think should be done that wouldn't affect the balance of the game too much?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j n
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't think this game is razor-balanced. You can probably do whatever feels fair to your group.

I'd prefer to add any glory to the campaign total rather than next game's total, though, just to avoid cutting the next game short.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt S
United States
Sharpsburg
GA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the player who actually achieved the milestone got a permanent upgrade, you might give the player that missed it as compensation a permanent upgrade instead of the glory.

I do agree that any bonus glory you deal out should go to the campaign total and not just a kickstart for the next game.

It really comes down to what your group thinks is fair.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lactamaeon wrote:
I don't think this game is razor-balanced. You can probably do whatever feels fair to your group.

I'd prefer to add any glory to the campaign total rather than next game's total, though, just to avoid cutting the next game short.

I agree with this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Pisani
United States
New Albany
Indiana
flag msg tools
She gets the glory added to her total. The next game is unchanged in glory. The benefit from the milestone is given the next game at the same time she otherwise would have gotten it - IF it is a temporary upgrade. IF it is permanent upgrade she gets it immediately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.