Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: obligatory_threads_aren't [+] [View All]
Todd Degani
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do alien fragments roll over from mission to mission?

I read that after 10 improved weapons are given out alien weapons should start being given out. I am assuming this is across the campaign and not in a single mission?

How many defense die are rolled? I know it is one per hit but does this include +hit from a bolt result or other means? We played every hit from any means got a defense die roll.

Teleporters have blocked LOS lines around them. Is this correct? Can I not see through or hit an alien on a teleporter? We played that you just can not walk through them.

Agent N's jackal ability allows him to grab an alien weapon for one use after he kills an alien. I am assuming this follows the same restrictions as other alien weapons where he has to have Alien Knowledge to not get the critical failures on a jam or alien roll? We played that he followed the rules for not having alien knowledge since he did not have it.

If you have unused improved weapons can you store them for use in later missions? Are you allowed to change up your weapons between missions? By this I mean just weapons, not tactics and skills.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Obligatory 1st pllaythrough questions
Todd Degani wrote:
Do alien fragments roll over from mission to mission?

Nope; unless the mission setup specifies otherwise, you always start a new mission with 0 fragments.

Todd Degani wrote:
I read that after 10 improved weapons are given out alien weapons should start being given out. I am assuming this is across the campaign and not in a single mission?

Correct; playing standalone missions you usually only get Alien weapons as part of the mission setup, I believe.

Todd Degani wrote:
How many defense die are rolled? I know it is one per hit but does this include +hit from a bolt result or other means? We played every hit from any means got a defense die roll.

You played correctly! Although I highly recommend the optional "High Impact" rule, which restricts you to a maximum of 5 defense dice regardless of how many hits are coming in (though note that "-1 defense die" triggers first, so 6 hits with -1 defense die still rolls 5 defense dice).

Todd Degani wrote:
Teleporters have blocked LOS lines around them. Is this correct?

Teleporters actually do not block LOS (the design around their edges is an unfortunate oversight, and has caused a lot of people confusion). The expansions actually include reprints of the teleporters that are styled without the confusing edges to fix this.

I'm pretty sure you can walk on them, too, if you really want, though I might be misremembering that (can't find a reference at the moment).

Todd Degani wrote:
Agent N's jackal ability allows him to grab an alien weapon for one use after he kills an alien. I am assuming this follows the same restrictions as other alien weapons where he has to have Alien Knowledge to not get the critical failures on a jam or alien roll? We played that he followed the rules for not having alien knowledge since he did not have it.

You played correctly.

Todd Degani wrote:
If you have unused improved weapons can you store them for use in later missions? Are you allowed to change up your weapons between missions? By this I mean just weapons, not tactics and skills.

Yep! If you are playing a campaign, you will want to keep track of what weapons you have researched (my own XenoBeta.com will make this easy as will the free iPad/Android tablet app; or there's always pencil and paper). Then at the start of each mission you can assign as many Improved and Alien weapons from those you have previously researched as are marked in the Storybook (this means that when playing campaign instead of standalone it's not uncommon to be unable to assign as many weapons as are noted; I spent most of my playthrough without ever being able to equip an Alien weapon, for instance, despite most of the later levels offering the option).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.