Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg White
New Zealand
Upper Hutt, Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey there,

looking for advice. I have 6 players excited to play ATOE + SW + TC

We want to play teams but wonder how we should divide up our 6 players.

Do people recommend 2 Teams of 3 Players or 3 Teams of 2 Players?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery Hudson
United States
Washington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
interesting question...

Personally, i'd probably do 2 teams of three, as the rulebook kinda assumes there are only two teams, but a three team game could be interesting.

Would make for a harder show down too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing that strikes me perhaps is more down time between turns. Other than that all the mechanics should work alright. Everything should work as though you had just three players in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you playing co-op or competitively?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hatfield
United States
Helena
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With only six, I would suggest doing 2 teams of three players.

I've ran a couple of team games, and what helps speed the game up is if everyone on the team goes at the same time. Each person on the opposing team verifies the die rolls of a member of the opposite team, and rolls for any minions or attacks that are needed.

So three people would all go at the same time, with the other team making rolls and verifying any rolls made. Then, when the first team was done, the second team would go and the first team would verify rolls and roll for any combat. Once both teams went, then the Mystery Phase begins.

I also had the teams elect a "team leader", who becomes the one responsible for rolling the dice on the Cooperative Mystery Chart and for drawing a Mystery Card when needed.

The game moves along quickly, and there's always something for players to do, whether taking the turn themselves, or checking their opponent's rolls and making combat rolls against them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan K
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a suggestion in the Something Wicked rule book about simultaneous play. I suggest that with six. Also, we house rule any move can be a 4 if a 1,2,3 is rolled. This and starting each player with 10 investigation helps for a nice 2 hour game experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg White
New Zealand
Upper Hutt, Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
randomlife wrote:
Are you playing co-op or competitively?
teams competing against each other. thanks for the advice all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.