Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 2 questions:

1- In the propreator example, blue advances his influence marker to end just under the blue marker instead of going on top of it. Why? Is there a rule that forbids markers to be on the same spot? I couldn't find it.

2- In the endgame section, it says "... In addition, you must pay 2 denarius in the empty card slots at the end of your action see page 6, moving the area cards). If you cannot pay the price, you cannot use the
action location.

Why would I play an action for an area if there is no card there? Especially if it costs 2 denarius?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo Damo
msg tools
1. Markers can't occupy the same spaces on the area influence track.
English rules v1.1 pp3 wrote:
Areas and Area Influence
You may only have 1 influence marker in each area, and area influence can only be increased, not rearranged or withdrawn. Only 1 marker can occupy each space on the grey track. If you land on an already occupied space, then you must move your marker down to the next available empty space. The unused influence is lost.

2. There's a brief time between the player turns that the area cards are filled if it is empty. If the area card is empty at the end of your turn, pay 2 denarius to the bank.

Basically, if you are the second player to use the area, you have to pay 2 denarius.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Baume
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hangmans Noose wrote:
1. Markers can't occupy the same spaces on the area influence track.
English rules v1.1 pp3 wrote:
Areas and Area Influence
You may only have 1 influence marker in each area, and area influence can only be increased, not rearranged or withdrawn. Only 1 marker can occupy each space on the grey track. If you land on an already occupied space, then you must move your marker down to the next available empty space. The unused influence is lost.

See Rulebook p.5 under "Scoring": "...There can only be one marker on any space of the grey influence track.."

Quote:
2. There's a brief time between the player turns that the area cards are filled if it is empty. If the area card is empty at the end of your turn, pay 2 denarius to the bank.

Basically, if you are the second player to use the area, you have to pay 2 denarius.

I don't think this correct. The area card is immediately replaced after it is removed due to a player taking that area action when the card is in the upper position. So there should be no time an area has no card except for when the area card deck has run out and there is no card to replace the one taken.

Quote:
2- In the endgame section, it says "... In addition, you must pay 2 denarius in the empty card slots at the end of your action see page 6, moving the area cards). If you cannot pay the price, you cannot use the
action location.

Say the area deck has run out and someone has taken an area action which removes the area card, this would then trigger the end of the game. The turn now continues until all workers have been used. So in this situation you may want to take the Propraetor action in that area so that you can increase your influence to gain more VPs. You won't be able to gain any resources because there is no card but you can take the second action and use influence cards to raise your influence in the area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo Damo
msg tools
Quote:
The area card is immediately replaced after it is removed due to a player taking that area action when the card is in the upper position. So there should be no time an area has no card except for when the area card deck has run out and there is no card to replace the one taken.

In terms of RAW, then you are absolutely correct and I agree 100%. I've used this timing structure to explain to a few people when to pay the 2 denarius though and it's worked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.