Hide
8 Posts

Sentinels of the Multiverse» Forums » Variants

Subject: Custom Hero - Sukeban rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
brain craft
msg tools
Fire-based striker. I'm hoping this one's distinct enough from Ra.

No art, but imagine an Asian teenager in a leather jacket and jeans with long black hair that turns into flames and eyes that glow when she's using her powers. Default facial expression is some gradient of angry. The art for the Red Hot Kick is actually an Inazuma Kick.

Bio: Teenager with attitude chosen by spirit of fire blah blah placeholder backstory.

SUKEBAN (28)

Blazing Fist
(Power) Sukeban deals one target 1 Melee and 1 Fire damage.

Incapacitated
- One player may use a power now.
- Destroy 1 Ongoing card.
- Destroy 1 Environment card.

One-Shot (22)

Bad Attitude (2): (One-Shot) Discard the top card of a Hero deck. Use a power.
“You eyeballin’ me, punk?” - Sukeban, Young Protectors #1

Conflagration (3): (One-Shot) Sukeban deals each non-Hero target 2 Fire damage. Sukeban deals each target 0 Fire damage.
“Burn.” - Sukeban

Ignition (3): (One-Shot) Sukeban deals one target 1 Fire damage. Draw a card. Play a card.

Incinerate (2): (One-Shot) Destroy one target with 3 or fewer HP.

Inflammatory Language (2): (One-Shot) Discard the top card of the Villain deck. Draw a card.
“&#!%@$$!!!” - Sukeban

Melt Down (3): (One-Shot) Destroy up to three Ongoing cards. Sukeban deals herself and each non-Hero target X Fire damage each, where X = the number of cards destroyed this way.

Red Hot Kick (3): (One-Shot) Sukeban deals one target 2 Melee and 2 Fire damage. Draw a card.

Smoldering Ember (2): (One-Shot) Move 1 card other than Smoldering Ember from your trash to your hand. Draw a card. Sukeban regains 1 HP.

Wildfire (2): (One-Shot) Sukeban deals one target 2 Fire damage. If that target is destroyed, repeat the entire game text of this card.
“SUKEBAN! HOLD FIRE HOLD FIRE!”

Ongoing (18)

Burn Up (3): (Ongoing, Limited) Increase Fire damage dealt by Sukeban by 1. (Power) Sukeban deals herself 1 Fire damage. Until the end of your next turn, increase Fire damage dealt by Sukeban by 1.
“I’m just getting warmed up!” - Sukeban

External Combustion (3): (Ongoing, Limited) Increase Melee damage dealt by Sukeban by 1. (Power) Play a card.
“How do you fight someone who’ll blow herself up to punch you faster?”

Firebreak (2): (Ongoing, Limited) Hero targets are immune to Fire damage. At the start of your turn, draw two cards, then destroy this card.

Heat Wave (3): (Ongoing) (Power) Sukeban deals each non-Hero target 1 Fire damage.

Hot Blooded (3): (Ongoing, Limited) Sukeban is immune to Fire damage. (Power) Sukeban regains 2 HP.

Incandescent Rage (2): (Ongoing, Limited) At the start of your turn, Sukeban deals one target 1 Fire damage.
“Now you went and made me mad.” - Sukeban

Slow Burn (2): (Ongoing) At the start of your turn, Sukeban deals one target 2 Fire damage, then destroy this card and one Environment card.
“Is it getting hotter in here?”

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Guzman
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
braincraft wrote:
Fire-based striker. I'm hoping this one's distinct enough from Ra.

No art, but imagine an Asian teenager in a leather jacket and jeans with long black hair that turns into flames and eyes that glow when she's using her powers. Default facial expression is some gradient of angry. The art for the Red Hot Kick is actually an Inazuma Kick.

Bio: Teenager with attitude chosen by spirit of fire blah blah placeholder backstory.

SUKEBAN (28)

Blazing Fist
(Power) Sukeban deals one target 1 Melee and 1 Fire damage.

Incapacitated
- One player may use a power now.
- Destroy 1 Ongoing card.
- Destroy 1 Environment card.

One-Shot (22)

Bad Attitude (2): (One-Shot) Discard the top card of a Hero deck. Use a power.
“You eyeballin’ me, punk?” - Sukeban, Young Protectors #1

Conflagration (3): (One-Shot) Sukeban deals each non-Hero target 3 Fire damage. Sukeban deals each target 0 Fire damage.
“Burn.” - Sukeban

Ignition (3): (One-Shot) Sukeban deals one target 1 Fire damage. Draw a card. Play a card.

Incinerate (2): (One-Shot) Destroy one target with 3 or fewer HP.

Inflammatory Language (2): (One-Shot) Discard the top card of the Villain deck. Draw a card.
“&#!%@$$!!!” - Sukeban

Melt Down (3): (One-Shot) Destroy up to three Ongoing or Environment cards. Sukeban deals herself and each non-Hero target X Fire damage each, where X = the number of cards destroyed this way.

Red Hot Kick (3): (One-Shot) Sukeban deals one target 2 Melee and 2 Fire damage. Draw a card.

Smoldering Ember (2): (One-Shot) Move 1 card other than Smoldering Ember from your trash to your hand. Draw a card. Sukeban regains 1 HP.

Wildfire (2): (One-Shot) Sukeban deals one target 3 Fire damage. If that target is destroyed, repeat the entire game text of this card.
“SUKEBAN! HOLD FIRE HOLD FIRE!”

Ongoing (18)

Burn Up (3): (Ongoing, Limited) Increase Fire damage dealt by Sukeban by 1. (Power) Sukeban deals herself 1 Fire damage. Until the end of your next turn, increase Fire damage dealt by Sukeban by 1.
“I’m just getting warmed up!” - Sukeban

External Combustion (3): (Ongoing, Limited) Increase Melee damage dealt by Sukeban by 1. (Power) Play a card.
“How do you fight someone who’ll blow herself up to punch you faster?”

Firebreak (2): (Ongoing, Limited) Hero targets are immune to Fire damage. At the start of your turn, draw two cards, then destroy this card.

Heat Wave (3): (Ongoing) (Power) Sukeban deals each non-Hero target 1 Fire damage.

Hot Blooded (3): (Ongoing, Limited) Sukeban is immune to Fire damage. (Power) Sukeban regains 2 HP.

Incandescent Rage (2): (Ongoing, Limited) When this card enters play, Sukeban deals one target 1 Fire damage. At the start of your turn, Sukeban deals one target 1 Fire damage.
“Now you went and made me mad.” - Sukeban

Slow Burn (2): (Ongoing) At the start of your turn, you may destroy an Ongoing or Environment card other than Slow Burn. If you do, Sukeban deals one target 2 Fire damage and destroy this card.
“Is it getting hotter in here?”
I really like this deck, seems like a lot of fun. Love the concept of the character and the flavor. With that being said, I feel a couple cards could be tweaked a little. Maybe make a little bit of bad to Slow Burn as it seems really good to destroy any ongoing or environment card and getting to deal damage to anything you want. Feels like it should have a little bit of a drawback. Meltdown flavor wise I also feel should not distinct ally from friend as it is kind of a temper tantrum and would make it more of a carefully used play instead of "Hey, Why Not." Just my 2 cents. Again, love the deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brain craft
msg tools
Jaggid88 wrote:
I really like this deck, seems like a lot of fun. Love the concept of the character and the flavor. With that being said, I feel a couple cards could be tweaked a little. Maybe make a little bit of bad to Slow Burn as it seems really good to destroy any ongoing or environment card and getting to deal damage to anything you want. Feels like it should have a little bit of a drawback. Meltdown flavor wise I also feel should not distinct ally from friend as it is kind of a temper tantrum and would make it more of a carefully used play instead of "Hey, Why Not." Just my 2 cents. Again, love the deck.

I waffled for a while on Meltdown. It's basically Fueled Freeze that trades some self-damage for the ability to target Environment cards. Having no downside would make it clearly too much better than Fueled Freeze (which is already one of the better cards in the game), but full global friendly fire might be going too much the other way, especially with the +damage Sukeban can potentially stack. I'm not sure how to tweak this perfectly.

Slow Burn's main limiting factor is that you have to have it up at the start of your turn, so it's less reactive. On the other hand, you can have it queued up in advance, so...

I'll probably make Meltdown Ongoing-only and Slow Burn Environment-only, unless someone else can come up with something better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you had more cards like Inflammatory Language, mixing fire-damage one-shots with deck manipulation, I think you'd have no problem making this hero stand apart from Ra. Right now, that feels like her strongest card, thematically, and I'm honestly highly amused by it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Yves Moyen
Denmark
København
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
braincraft wrote:
Slow Burn's main limiting factor is that you have to have it up at the start of your turn, so it's less reactive. On the other hand, you can have it queued up in advance, so...

I'll probably make Meltdown Ongoing-only and Slow Burn Environment-only, unless someone else can come up with something better.

Make Slow Burn into "At the start of your turn, you must destroy an ongoing or environment card." And let it burn itself. Slowly.
Or maybe "At the start of your turn, destroy an ongoing or environment card, or have Sukeban deal herself 2 fire damages." devil

So if you're playing against a Villain (or Env) with a lot of annoying Ongoing cards, do you pay the price to keep this alive, or do you destroy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Onyx
msg tools
I'm curious - She has a card that increases her melee damage, but she only has two way to deal melee damage (a one shot and he base power). She also has better powers than just "Play a card", and likely won't be using her base power much unless she gets wiped of ongoings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brain craft
msg tools
mattonyx wrote:
I'm curious - She has a card that increases her melee damage, but she only has two way to deal melee damage (a one shot and he base power). She also has better powers than just "Play a card", and likely won't be using her base power much unless she gets wiped of ongoings.

I think External Combustion is less situational than you say, but it's fine if it isn't. Even Ra has Wrathful Gaze.

For one, Blazing Fist does more damage to a single target than Heat Wave, and she doesn't have any other damaging powers. For another, some of her one-shots are really good, so it's fair to want to pass up on the chance to punch someone to play a second Conflagration or Red Hot Kick. You might even use it to get more Ongoings up faster. Finally, an extra play gives Sukeban the opportunity to Firebreak into Conflagration, sparing her allies the collateral damage. Earlier versions of this deck had more unfriendly damage, so the combo may have been more obvious.

Yeah, sometimes she'd be better off using her power on Burn Up, but she won't always be built up enough to make that the best play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brain craft
msg tools
Changelog 29OCT16

Wow, Burn Up is pretty good, especially with all the instances of damage Sukeban has access to. I'm not convinced she's worse than Ra for that, but I'm dialing back some of her damage for now.

Conflagration and Wildfire have had their damage decreased.

Incandescent Rage no longer has an effect upon entering play.

Melt Down now only works on Ongoing cards.

Slow Burn now only works on Environment cards, and its effect is mandatory.

I'm considering reducing the healing from Hot Blooded. I'm concerned that it could make her tankier than I'd intended. On the other hand, 1 HP seems a little weak considering what else she could be doing with her power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.