Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
Our latest boardgame day found Randy, Richard and me sitting down at Randy's place to play Ra... plus some other games, which I'll describe in later session reports. Ra was Randy's choice, it being his place and all.

First Epoch
My interest in this epoch was in Pharaohs and Civilisation tiles. I was also somewhat wary of my Sun total even now; I didn't want to enter the next Epoch with the Sun tiles 1,2,3 and 4.

Floods were proving elusive - none came up in this Epoch. I managed to get three civilisation tiles and 4 Pharaohs, and reckoned I was doing pretty well. Unfortunately, there were still a few auctions to go before the epoch ended, and I had dealt myself out of them. In the meantime, Randy reached 5 Pharaohs and scored the points with Rich taking the loss. However, Randy had failed to get the Civilisation tile he needed...

Second Epoch
Still a dearth of flood tiles. I guess Sobek must really hate us, right? I maintained my dislike of Monument tiles, instead concentrating on Pharaohs and Civilisations; Randy continued pipping me with Pharaohs, however.

Meanwhile, Rich was uncontestedly building up an impressive collection of monuments. I did manage to get some nice Sun tiles for the final Epoch, though...

Third Epoch
Randy and Rich went out early in this epoch, as they took a number of pharaohs, civilisations and monuments. Rich's last bid was painful - he sacrificed his civilisation tile to a disaster, but gained 4 of one monument and the set of all 8 monuments!

I had the last four Ra tiles in which I could, uncontested, take what I wanted... assuming not many Ra tiles came up. They didn't. Instead, the flood came. I ended up with five flood tiles and six nile tiles - the only flood tiles in the game. I wasn't able to achieve a set of civilisation tiles, but I did end up with the 13, 12 and 11 Sun tiles.

So, on to final scoring. Randy had the lowest Sun total, I had the highest. My monuments were neglible (3 points!) but the Nile made up for that - and Randy, once again, took best Pharaoh. And Rich took a large number of points for his monuments.

Final scores:
Randy: 36 points
Rich: 37 points
Merric: 37 points - and the 13 Sun tile for the win!

Wow. Now, that was a close game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.