Stanley Wang
United States
California
flag msg tools
Place: Cypress Library
Date: Saturday, November 19 2016
Time: 1-4 pm
Event link: https://www.facebook.com/events/175326472917334/

Cypress Library will have a big games event on Saturday, November 19th from 1-4 pm in conjunction with ALA's International Games Day @ Your Library (http://igd.ala.org/).

Games include: Asara, Carcassonne, Castle Panic, Citadels, Codenames, Forbidden Island, Forbidden Desert, Guillotine, Love Letters, Machikoro, MtG, Munchkins, Rivals for Catan, Seeland, Smash Up, Sushi Go + Party, Ticket to Ride, Timeline, and more (as we get them).

Come on over if you'd like to play or even help teach others how to play. If you have any questions about the event feel free to contact us:

Cypress Library
5331 Orange Ave.
Cypress, CA 90630
(714) 826-0350
ocpl.cypress@occr.ocgov.com
event coordinator: Stan Wang

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Mack
United States
Santa Fe Springs
California
flag msg tools
designer
Lefty / Happily Married / Parent of 2 Girls / Christian / Yucata User
badge
Smack dat Ghoulie, Mr. Trolla!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry I missed you, Stanley. Hope you had a good local turnout and didn't get overwhelmed showing off all of the games.

We've got company in town (staying with us), and my wife had the whole day planned. Next, we'll be leaving for Utah on Monday, so I'll miss the SFS Library meetup this week as well.
Bummer. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stanley Wang
United States
California
flag msg tools
No problem Daniel! Actually there was some miscommunication so my wife and daughter both missed it as well (think 'who's on first' mixed in with Japanese). The turnout was low so I'm a little bit worried about future prospects for this kind of program at our library. I'll soldier on for at least one or two more though and see what happens. And even though the group was smaller than expected we had a lot of fun with:

Sushi Go + Sushi Go Party
Fluxx + Monty Python Fluxx
Love Letters
Forbidden Island
Codenames
Exploding Kittens
Apples to Apples

Were you able to go through with your game event? I remember you had it planned for the 19th as well.

Have a great Thanksgiving and see you after the holiday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Mack
United States
Santa Fe Springs
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't realize there were going to be other events scheduled for you, Stanley. If I can work it out, I'll try to help you out next time. As for my event plans, we opted to push it back until January. Booking space is tricky--I hope the local gamers can appreciate that, and show up to support our events.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stanley Wang
United States
California
flag msg tools
Tell me the time and place of your event in January and I'll try to make it, Daniel. We'll have another go of it on Thursday, Dec. 8 here at Cypress Library. If you're not stuck at work come on over and we'll have a go at Terraforming Ma...I mean lighter games like Fluxx, Munchkin, Pandemic. I had a marathon 4 1/2 hour session with Terraforming Mars a few weeks back at the Monday night Fullerton games meetup. Pretty cool game, but just a little bit too much going on for a relative newbie like me. Hope to see you soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PhotoJoeCA
United States
Bellflower
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Damn. Wish I had seen this before today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stanley Wang
United States
California
flag msg tools
We have another smaller one coming up this Thursday at Cypress Library:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1681924/tabletop-games-even...

And on January 8th we'll have one mainly focused on one game - Alhambra Big Box. Hopefully this will take out some of the chaos from past library game events.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stanley Wang
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hey Joe! Thanks for signing up for our tabletop games day this Sunday. I was about to invite you and then I noticed that marked yourself as going on our Facebook page. Looking forward to seeing you this weekend!

Stan
Game-loving librarian at Cypress Library

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stanley Wang
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hey Daniel,

Long time no see! How's life? Did you ever get that game event off the ground?

We've got another one coming up this coming Sunday here at Cypress Library. It's a March Madness bracket type thing. It's from 2-4 (probably 5 when we close).

Here's the event link:
https://www.facebook.com/events/203138843497982/

Anyway, hope to see you soon!

Stan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Mack
United States
Santa Fe Springs
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Stan,
Glad to hear you're still gaming. We have missed seeing you at the last few Dunkin' Donuts meetups in Whittier.

I just saw this post--wouldn't have been able to make it anyway--this weekend we had family plans.

TAYQ: Kinda no, kinda yes. The events I had planned at the Liberty Community Plaza for 2017 got booked out from under me due to a string of miscommunications & false starts with the staff. BUT we are planning an event at Pizzamania in Whittier for International Tabletop Day, on April 29th. I just talked it over with them last night, in fact. We'll see how it goes.

I hope your events have picked up some momentum from your local community as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.