Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey folks,

Lots of questions being asked about the status of open orders, given the confusion that came out of our launch (and an apparent glitch in our order emails making their way to your inbox), I thought I'd hop on and provide a quick update.

Currently, all EU orders from Wave 1 have been shipped. It might take some time for those orders to make their way to you, and based on the comments here it seems plausible that your order could potentially be en route and you haven't received an email. But regardless, EU, your copies are on their way.

We've currently processed 80% of our NA orders and expect to have Wave 1 fully shipped out by early next week. Same general rules apply re: emails, but that should at least provide some visibility. If you're worried you don't have your copy, yet, the odds are very high that you are in that fifth.

The other piece of news for anyone interested is that we are lifting the 1 unit per order limit to be 5/units per order. We set the limit at 1 because we wanted to make sure we had enough stock for as many people as possible to get a copy. Now that we feel we have a temporary handle on demand, we'd like to get a clearer picture of how large that demand is as it would influence the size of a future manufacturing wave.

So if you liked MvM and want to order another copy for December, you can do that for up to five of your closest friends. Or if you hated it, I suppose you could give it to 5 of your most hated enemies. Either way, you can now order more units. Keep in mind, due to customs, logistics, and a few things out of our control, we can't guarantee that this will make it by Christmas. I'd rather be up front with that and lose out on some sales than assure people that a copy will definitely be there and then I've ruined someone's Christmas. We're doing everything we can to have Wave 2 out in time to get under the tree, but that's not always enough in and of itself.

Hope this helps,

-Chris

ps: I've gotten a lot of PM's of late asking for help on various tickets - which is fine - but through BGG, I'm only able to respond to 3 PM's an hour. So if you're awaiting a reply, I haven't forgotten you. Just can't respond, yet, and I'm trying to respond in order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quickly jumping in here...

Not that it will matter too much but if we were to order 5 copies and get them shipped to AUS, would the shipping still be $50USD per copy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Hartville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While it may not send an email, is the order page reliable on it's status? That is, if it says Processing, does that mean payment received and order will be shipping soon? Or may it still say Processing while it ships? I know payment has gone through (bank processed it on the 17th, now the 20th...order started at launch time but wasn't complete for 1hr 45 minutes... so first two hours of orders), which I would think would change status from Processing to something interim before Shipping, but either way, excited to know it should be shipping soon...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mossquito wrote:

Not that it will matter too much but if we were to order 5 copies and get them shipped to AUS, would the shipping still be $50USD per copy?

Unfortunately, yes. That's my current understanding. We're still working on ways to get cheaper shipment to Australia, but those plans are a very long ways off (if we can find a good solve at all).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
R_Flagg wrote:
While it may not send an email, is the order page reliable on it's status? That is, if it says Processing, does that mean payment received and order will be shipping soon? Or may it still say Processing while it ships? I know payment has gone through (bank processed it on the 17th, now the 20th...order started at launch time but wasn't complete for 1hr 45 minutes... so first two hours of orders), which I would think would change status from Processing to something interim before Shipping, but either way, excited to know it should be shipping soon...

The way the store is setup is it says "Processing" until it's shipped. I've noticed a delay from the posts here that not all orders have been correctly marked as they leave. This is far from ideal, though I'm willing to cut our warehouse a large amount of slack with the traffic that they've received over the past week. We're looking on getting to the root cause of this and solving it, but in the interim, it is possible that your order says 'processing' and it's already on it's way to your doorstep. Again, not ideal, but just trying to be transparent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
Mossquito wrote:

Unfortunately, yes. That's my current understanding. We're still working on ways to get cheaper shipment to Australia, but those plans are a very long ways off (if we can find a good solve at all).

Yeah I thought that would be the case, so I am not surprised or disheartened

And given the amount you are subsidizing us already (based off recent research into US shipping prices), you have come up with a pretty good 'interim patch' as it is, that I expect many people will be happy to accept for the long term once we start seeing the game show up on our shores and at our mates' places
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kosit Phanthanusorn
United States
Simi Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update! Really appreciate it so that I can have realistic expectations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
Primum Non Nocere
mbmbmbmbmb
kositp wrote:
Thanks for the update! Really appreciate it so that I can have realistic expectations.

I second this. All the hard work that has been put in is definitely noticed and appreciated. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Johnson
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I just got really unlucky with the draw of luck here being in the last pile to ship out?

That's a little disappointing being I can't trace any rhyme or reason to the order of which they ship, but I suppose the bad luck only kills one game night for me unless this processing stand still lasts into next week. I was so excited when I heard it would be shipping from the state next door to my own and got my order in relatively early in the middle of the whole site crash.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Smith
Australia
Mill Park
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mossquito wrote:
Riot Kades wrote:
Mossquito wrote:

Yeah I thought that would be the case, so I am not surprised or disheartened

And given the amount you are subsidizing us already (based off recent research into US shipping prices), you have come up with a pretty good 'interim patch' as it is, that I expect many people will be happy to accept for the long term once we start seeing the game show up on our shores and at our mates' places

Just looking at shipping online now. seems there are some minor savings on ordering up to 3 games. For 4 and 5 games, the shipping to Australia is actually worse than buying 1 copy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
ps: I've gotten a lot of PM's of late asking for help on various tickets - which is fine - but through BGG, I'm only able to respond to 3 PM's an hour. So if you're awaiting a reply, I haven't forgotten you. Just can't respond, yet, and I'm trying to respond in order.

Thanks for all the info. For what it's worth, your limit on GeekMail messages should be lifted now that you're no longer in the 'BGG New User' category (i.e. that banner above your avatar is gone, it's been 30+ days).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
Thanks for the update. I received my shipping notifications minutes after reading this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaldo Horta Jr
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
powermad wrote:
So I just got really unlucky with the draw of luck here being in the last pile to ship out?

That's a little disappointing being I can't trace any rhyme or reason to the order of which they ship, but I suppose the bad luck only kills one game night for me unless this processing stand still lasts into next week. I was so excited when I heard it would be shipping from the state next door to my own and got my order in relatively early in the middle of the whole site crash.

Well I just got my shipping notice today so don't get too bummed yet...it is coming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Curry
msg tools
mb
Still don't have mine - still bummed cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Delinck
United States
Hobart
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only reason I'm a bit annoyed at being so late in the shipping is that I'm like an hour away from where I'm guessing the distribution center is. If it had shipped today, I'd likely get it tomorrow, if it ships tomorrow, I'll get it next week.

If it ships tomorrow...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clanggedin Silverbeard
United States
SALEM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Knowing my luck, my order is actually in Shipment 2 even though it says just says 'Wave 1' and the order was placed 3 hours after launch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Cooper
msg tools
mbmb
Clanggedin wrote:
Knowing my luck, my order is actually in Shipment 2 even though it says just says 'Wave 1' and the order was placed 3 hours after launch.

I feel like I'm in the same boat and I got mine 2 or 3 hours as well right after they went on sale. What's funny is, I live in Springfield IL which apparently isn't far from the warehouse (lots of people closer to Chicago getting their copies from what I've seen) and I still haven't gotten any notice or anything. Still says Processing on the Merch page too. Oh well, sucks but I'll be patient.

Thanks for all the info and updates, really helps out and now I'll jump back over to another match of League.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Miller
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I'm trying to figure out how these are shipping. Among my group I was the first to place an order by a few hours but out of the 4 that were ordered I haven't even received any word on shipping. My status still says processing and everyone in my group has received there's and they all live either in the same city or the next over. So I'm guessing shipping is random?

I'm hoping something isn't messed up with my order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
warpi9 wrote:
Yeah I'm trying to figure out how these are shipping. Among my group I was the first to place an order by a few hours but out of the 4 that were ordered I haven't even received any word on shipping. My status still says processing and everyone in my group has received there's and they all live either in the same city or the next over. So I'm guessing shipping is random?

I'm hoping something isn't messed up with my order.

Location doesn't determine the shipping order, though it might affect how long it will take to get to you. We have shipped 80% of the NA orders. Yours should go out by early next week at the latest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Miller
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik M
msg tools
I just want to give a big thanks to the people over at Riot. I, like many others, was very frustrated on the initial launch day, waiting for around 5 hours before managing to get my copy. But now, after seeing the amount of effort and time that Riot has invested to inform their customers about what is going on throughout the process, has completely changed my view. I am thrilled to see such great customer service in such a large company. Thank you for all the updates, and I can't wait to get my copy of Mechs vs. Minions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaldo Horta Jr
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Diarmud wrote:
powermad wrote:

Well I just got my shipping notice today so don't get too bummed yet...it is coming!

Just checked...my tracking indicates that I get mine Monday, so hopefully I will crack it open for a Thursday gaming session....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Morgan
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Oh well, looks like I'm in the bottom fifth for folks still waiting for their copy.

Thanks to the Riot team for the timely updates!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Spezzano
United States
Geneva
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I appreciate the update as mine is still in the processing stage. I however think you really need to work on your support system. You have been far more helpful here then the support ticket I opened. Not receiving a reply to a support ticket is concerning to a customer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Martin
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sill waiting for mine to ship, but that's ok. Chris, you've really been going above and beyond the call of duty when it comes to keeping everyone informed here at BGG. Thanks for that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.