9 Posts

Forbidden Stars» Forums » General

Subject: Ork Onslaught Attack Ships Don't Fit Stands rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Clinite
msg tools
mbmb
Has anyone else had this problem? All other ships fit fine, but the Onslaughts' part of connection seems to slant in the opposite direction, and the holes seem like they might be bigger as well. This results in the stands not being able to be flush with the ship unless the ship faces the wrong way (and goes at an awkward tilt), or will fall off simply by picking it up without delicate care.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kaemmer
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, its just the mold they used. I just leave mine backwards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Clinite
msg tools
mbmb
Sigh. I guess I'll just have to calm the rising sense of OCD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it's orcs, what's the issue with them tilting or causing general mayhem?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Clinite
msg tools
mbmb
Loig wrote:
it's orcs, what's the issue with them tilting or causing general mayhem?

That's the only silver lining I can find.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Andersen
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find that they fit fine and only appear tilted at the connection point. They sit level like the other ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Clinite
msg tools
mbmb
Yeah, I was able to get them "even keeled", but it still irks me to have one set of ships with the stands facing the wrong way. Still, if it was one faction it had to happen to, it had to be the Orks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I had to glue mine to even get them to consider staying on their bases. But I see no downside to the gluing, and I'm considering glue for some of the other ships that don't "need" it. (The bases are useless without the ships and vice versa!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Sham
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
That's exactly what a Cylon would say!
badge
All is dust...
mbmbmbmbmb
Carthoris wrote:
I had to glue mine to even get them to consider staying on their bases. But I see no downside to the gluing, and I'm considering glue for some of the other ships that don't "need" it. (The bases are useless without the ships and vice versa!)

I'm paranoid about transit -> the weight/momentum of the Ork ships snapping the flexible ship stands if glued in while I move the box around.

Probably not a real problem though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.