Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Nagel
United States
Burlington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just posted a set of redux maps and counters for Combat Leader. I'm not sure how long it will take for them to appear; hopefully soon.

The reason I wanted to redo these was mostly because I need some practice in creating maps and counters, and both of these in Combat Leader are pretty straight-forward.

With regards to the maps, I wanted to make them geomorphic, so I've added some space around the edges of the original map designs and added a little more terrain in this space. I've also added some new roads to maintain the "geomorphicness(?)" of the maps (which don't affect LOS or movement in any real fashion). I've done my best to retain the integrity of the original maps, which are depicted within the dashed rectangles. Use those rectangles to set up the scenarios normally. Using these new maps allows for the creation of "epic" multi-map Combat Leader scenarios.

With regards to the counters, these are 5/8" recreations. The numbers and special weapons are in the usual places. I've replaced with "L" and "A" designations with two- and one-star icons at lower left, respectively. I've also eliminated the diamond melee bonus symbol and am using a gold circle around the morale value at upper left. The German and Soviet counter sheets have a matched "back" sheet for those who want to have a generic back to the counters (not necessary, but they look cool).

I must admit that the unit ID numbers are a little small, but at least they're only used during setup.

Finally, I've also created some new half-inch status markers.

To those Combat Leader fans out there, have fun with these! For those who have not tried the game, visit MindenGames.com and pick up a copy. It's a great low- to medium-complexity game that plays very quickly and is perfect for "lunch time" brawls.

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Nagel
United States
Burlington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
OK ... the maps and combat unit redux sheets are posted. BGG keeps balking at my marker sheet. Maybe the 3rd time is the charm ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The maps and counters look fantastic!

Have Minden games been in touch about using them in future editions? Would be awesome

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.