Cthulhu Wars» Forums » General

Subject: Suggestion for Tcho Tcho Faction Sheet rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Boberson

North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume that the Souless spellbook applies also to the High Priest cultists, but noted the faction sheet did not list this as a spellbook they are affected by. If the sheet is not final and I'm not incorrect in my assumption, might I suggest this be added?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Boberson

North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To clarify: I do realize that you would pretty much always sac your High Priest rather than allow it to be captured.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Cultist includes acolytes and high priests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And Brain Cylinders and Eihbort's brood.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Boberson

North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, but the faction sheet doesn't list "Soulless" in the "Spellbooks" area of the High Priest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Vinz
msg tools
Looking at the Faction Sheet and Spellbooks, I noticed:
1) It seems to be a typo in the description of the Starting Area (but the characters are ver tiny, I am not sure), in the second line. In any case, I guess that the text may just be a placeholder in order to show the layout, and this should not be a problem.
Do the Tcho Tcho start from any area with a Glyph and do they choose it before Windwalker? In this case, if they choose a Windwalker starting area, must Windwalker start from the other one, and immediately gain a Spellbook?

2) The effect of the Tablets of the Gods seems to have changed since Update #75 ("enemies with Tcho-Tchos in their Start Areas lose Power or Doom"). Yet, the Idolatry Spellbook remained the same. Is it still meaningful? I guessed they had been thought to work together.

3) The Hierophants Spellbook allows to place a High Priest "at one of your Gates". Is this a difference with the normal recruitment rules for High Priests? I think they may be normally recruited anywhere you have units, even without a Gate.

4) The spellbook requirement "remove your controlled gate in your start area" seems to specify that the gate has to be Tcho Tcho's. Should they lose that Gate before fulfilling the requirement, have they to reconquer their starting area before eliminating the Gate?

Thanks for any advice. I am very, very much looking forward to playing with the Tcho Tcho!

Petersen Games: we missed you a lot in Essen. Please come next year!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Andersson
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
vincenzoderisi wrote:
Do the Tcho Tcho start from any area with a Glyph and do they choose it before Windwalker? In this case, if they choose a Windwalker starting area, must Windwalker start from the other one, and immediately gain a Spellbook?

The faction sheet says Tcho Tcho choose before Opener and Windwalker.

vincenzoderisi wrote:

3) The Hierophants Spellbook allows to place a High Priest "at one of your Gates". Is this a difference with the normal recruitment rules for High Priests? I think they may be normally recruited anywhere you have units, even without a Gate.

The bonus to Hierophants isn't that you get to recruit a High Priest easier, it's that you get the High Priest for free whenever you earn a spellbook, which means you could save 15 power potentially.

vincenzoderisi wrote:

4) The spellbook requirement "remove your controlled gate in your start area" seems to specify that the gate has to be Tcho Tcho's. Should they lose that Gate before fulfilling the requirement, have they to reconquer their starting area before eliminating the Gate?

It says "your controlled gate" which I believe means you control the gate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Boberson

North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Quote:

The faction sheet says Tcho Tcho choose before Opener and Windwalker.

Which means that Windwalker would be forced to take the other glyph and would immediately receive a spellbook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Blozinski
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Suggestion #2...
Nowhere does it say at what value Ubbo Sathla's growth track starts out at.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
starts at 0, IMHO

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Blozinski
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
It doesn't say that at all. Considering one is using the doom track, one might think it starts at whatever your doom level is. Heck, I'm now assuming it uses the Doom track. My first impression was that it used the Ritual of Annihilation track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Robinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
In memory of Tara, my beloved Wolfhound-Deerhound cross. Flew away Feb 2016, still missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been stated previously to start at zero, and track increases on the Doom track.

Cheers,
Graham

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Gosburo Coffin
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm pretty sure that there will be a manual in the Tcho-Tcho box that describes how to set up the faction in more detail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector-Xavier de Lastic
Greece
flag msg tools
pollock1939 wrote:
Suggestion #2...
Nowhere does it say at what value Ubbo Sathla's growth track starts out at.
It does so, right in the "Setup" information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
All of the following was addressed by one or more of you guys, so you're awesome. But just to add my official stamp to the proceedings.

1) it says Ubbo-Sathla's marker starts at 0 in "setup" (as Hector says). It also explicitly says they set up before Opener and Windwalker.

2) The Tcho-Tchos can recruit high priests normally, in any area containing a unit. Their Hierophants ability gives them free high priests. (Then Tablets of the Gods takes these away.)

3) if the Tcho-Tchos lose their starting gate, they'll need to rebuild or recapture it to get that spellbook. Obviously this is an issue they'll need to address. Getting it early is "safe", but also sets back your development.

4) there was LOTS of long discussion and experimentation about what would happen in an 8 player game with the Tcho-Tchos, because of course Windwalker starts with a spellbook as a result. We decided in the end after several tests that Windwalker has enough problems in an 8 player game (with the balance changes, which are a physical part of Onslaught Two) that it didn't screw the pooch.

I agree the faction sheet doesn't mention "Soulless" as one of the High Priest's spellbooks, though in fact it does apply. But it's pretty rare that a High Priest gets captured so I can live with this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Vinz
msg tools
Thanks a lot, Sandy! and thanks a lot to everybody.
I cannot wait to play with the Tcho Tcho!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Boberson

North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the follow up! I agree it's a minor quibble at best, but I'm glad this thread turned into an open discussion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
I chose to not have "soulless" be on the HP line for space reasons, and because, as Sandy says, it almost never happens (just pop him, you fool!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:
I chose to not have "soulless" be on the HP line for space reasons, and because, as Sandy says, it almost never happens (just pop him, you fool!).
I think if applicable spell books are listed they should be listed wherever they apply, as unlikely as it may be that they are used that way. Otherwise it just creates confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Hayden
United States
Temple Hills
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So what happens on the Primeval map? Do you have to do this action (Sacrifice your controlled starting gate) the first turn or you can never get this spell for the rest of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector-Xavier de Lastic
Greece
flag msg tools
If it's specified as the "starting" gate, you must do it in the first turn, since you will not get to ever control it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.