Hide
2 Posts

Sentinels of the Multiverse» Forums » Variants

Subject: Custom Hero - Anima rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
brain craft
msg tools
This one was actually something I created new and not an adaptation of a TTRPG character. It probably shows. These latter four offerings have not been under construction for nearly as long as the first four, and it probably shows. I have another half-dozen decks barely started, and I'm not even going to bother posting those until they've had more work put in.

The Elemental cards are intentionally not Ongoing, since I felt that she requires a lot of buildup and any reset would be too harsh on her. She's centered around managing and cycling her Elemental pool in play.

ANIMA - Urban Shaman (25)

Natural Cycle
(Power) Return an Elemental card in play to your hand. You may play a card.

Incapacitated
- One player may draw 1 card now.
- One target recovers 1 HP.
- Play the top card of the Environment deck. Destroy an Environment card.

Elemental (12)

Concrete Spirit (3): (Elemental, Earth) When this card enters play, one target regains 1 HP. At the start of your turn, if more than three Elemental cards are in play, destroy Elemental cards until only three are in play.

Flow Spirit (3): (Elemental, Water) When this card enters play, one player may draw 1 card. At the start of your turn, if more than three Elemental cards are in play, destroy Elemental cards until only three are in play.

Forge Spirit (3): (Elemental, Fire) When this card enters play, Anima deals one target 1 Fire damage. At the start of your turn, if more than three Elemental cards are in play, destroy Elemental cards until only three are in play.

Signal Spirit (3): (Elemental, Wind) When this card enters play, Anima deals one target 1 Sonic damage. At the start of your turn, if more than three Elemental cards are in play, destroy Elemental cards until only three are in play.

One-Shot (16)

Attunement (4): (One-Shot) Search your deck and trash for two Elemental cards. Place one into play and one into your hand. Shuffle your deck.

Cast the Bones (2): (One-Shot) Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck. Put one into play, one into your hand, and one on the bottom of your deck.

Cement Trickster (2): (One-Shot) Reduce the next damage taken by a Hero target by X, where X = twice the number of Earth cards in play. You may destroy an Environment card.

Dammed Choir (2): (One-Shot) Anima deals 1 target X irreducible Psychic damage, where X = the number of Water cards in play. The target cannot deal damage until the start of your next turn.

Dead Channel (2): (One-Shot) Anima deals all non-Hero targets X Lightning damage each, where X = the number of Wind cards in play. Draw 2 cards.

Traffic With Spirits (2): (One-Shot) Anima deals 1 target X irreducible Infernal damage, where X = the number of Fire cards in play. You may destroy an Ongoing card.

Unsustainable Living (2): (One-Shot) Draw up to 5 cards. Anima deals herself and one other target X irreducible Toxic damage each, where X is the number of cards drawn this way.

Ongoing (12)

Blessing of the Hearth (1): (Ongoing, Limited) When an Elemental card leaves play, the Hero with the lowest HP regains 1 HP.

Call the Breeze (2): (Ongoing, Limited) (Power) Up to X+1 players may draw a card, where X = the number of Wind cards in play.

Curse of Broken Glass (1): (Ongoing, Limited) When an Elemental card leaves play, Anima deals one target 1 Projectile damage.

Drop the Hammer (2): (Ongoing, Limited) (Power) Anima deals up to X+1 targets 2 Melee damage each, where X = the number of Earth cards in play.

Plumb the Depths (2): (Ongoing, Limited) (Power) Reveal the top X+1 cards of a deck, where X = the number of Water cards in play. Replace the revealed cards in any order.

Reception Hex (1): (Ongoing, Limited) When an Elemental card leaves play, discard the top card of the Villain deck.

River Run Meditation (1): (Ongoing, Limited) When an Elemental card leaves play, you may draw 1 card.

Stoke the Flame (2): (Ongoing, Limited) (Power) Up to X+1 targets regain 1 HP, where X = the number of Fire cards in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What a cool concept for a character! (Also, Traffic With Spirits, I lol'd.)

My primary concern is that, with the Elemental keyword on her cards, you're going to be butting heads with the Scholar if he's on your team. I'm also not sure why the lack of Ongoing keyword, since she's got the ability to pull them out of her trash. Maybe you could buff that card a little more, or add a second that does something different (a la Bounty Board?) if you're really concerned about losing them.

On the other hand, the four element system looks like it would make her pretty dynamic to play. If you focus on one or even two elements, though (or at the start of the game, or after a board wipe), you could end up with a hand of unplayable one-shots because you don't have the right cards out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.