Captains of the Golden Age» Forums » Rules

Subject: Pirate cave / multiple attacks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Kern
Germany
Kenzingen
flag msg tools

Can I attack multiple ships in the middle, because there can be more than two? What happens after my attack?

I think only the defender can attack me and not all the other players.

Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dick Severs
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Hi Daniel,
A maximum of two ships are allowed per sea tile, island or smugglers cove. Only in the two harbors (The Orient and The Republic) more than two ships are allowed, but these places are save from combat. Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kern
Germany
Kenzingen
flag msg tools
Yes, thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralf Van Kempen
Netherlands
Geldrop
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainDS wrote:
Hi Daniel,
A maximum of two ships are allowed per sea tile, island or smugglers cove. Only in the two harbors (The Orient and The Republic) more than two ships are allowed, but these places are save from combat. Hope this helps.

This is incorrect.
In the rulebook in the chapter of the gameboard (English page 10) the first paragraph it states:
A maximum of two player ships is allowed per tile, except on the Republic, the Orient and on Smuggler's Cove, these have no limit.

You cannot attack more ships when you enter the cove. In the rulebook (page 6) it states: you start combat by using your captain card (turning it face down), if you captain is already face-down you cannot attack....
This means that after you have attacked one other ship, you're captain is turned face-down.

You can be attacked by all other players. That is also mentioned in the same paragraph.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dick Severs
Netherlands
flag msg tools
RalfvanKempen wrote:
CaptainDS wrote:
Hi Daniel,

This is incorrect.
In the rulebook in the chapter of the gameboard (English page 10) the first paragraph it states:
A maximum of two player ships is allowed per tile, except on the Republic, the Orient and on Smuggler's Cove, these have no limit.

You cannot attack more ships when you enter the cove. In the rulebook (page 6) it states: you start combat by using your captain card (turning it face down), if you captain is already face-down you cannot attack....
This means that after you have attacked one other ship, you're captain is turned face-down.

You can be attacked by all other players. That is also mentioned in the same paragraph.

This is correct, I made a mistake. Smuggler's Cove has no player limit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Welch
United Kingdom
Swansea
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didnt think combat was allowed in the smugglers cove. I did read somewhere in the rules about multiple attacks at sea which seems to contradict the two ships on a tile rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.