Popular Tags: [View All]
Clay Stone
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Hey Fellas,

I always wondered this question.

Let's say i have a "PA" attack that gives me 18-1 against my enemy. Now let's say the defender gets 3 more shifts in their favor then me. Do I drop the ratio past 8-1? It seems not right that i would have to drop lower then 8-1 when i'm starting out the attack at 18-1 and being penalized because the assault table doesn't go that high.

What's the take on this?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stearns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
claystone wrote:
Hey Fellas,

I always wondered this question.

Let's say i have a "PA" attack that gives me 18-1 against my enemy. Now let's say the defender gets 3 more shifts in their favor then me. Do I drop the ratio past 8-1? It seems not right that i would have to drop lower then 8-1 when i'm starting out the attack at 18-1 and being penalized because the assault table doesn't go that high.

What's the take on this?

Thanks

Yes you start on the max column then start your column shifts from there. So if the attacker gets 2 shifts to the R and the def gets 3 to the L total shifts are 1L, so you would go left 1 column whether your odds started at 8-1 or 20-1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Youst
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
designer
Clay,

The reasoning is that combat shifts are considered more important (by me-the designer) than raw numbers. In most battles, odds above 6 or 8 to 1 actually end up being counterproductive due to the difficulty in coordinating so many units in an attack, and the fact that you are now providing a target rich environment to the defender. It's when you actually start outnumbering your opponent in guns and tanks that you see a difference, and those are covered by the Armor Bonuses and FSM barrages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.