GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,520 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

The Oracle of Delphi» Forums » General

Subject: How is it at 2 players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
HelloIm Mazmo
msg tools
I'm wondering, it's on my radar and I can't wait it to be available. But I wanna know ifs its any good at 2 players because I often play with my gfriend and she loves Burgundy ! (It seems to have a feeling of it)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias M
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically, all Stefan Feld games work well with two because he tests them intensively when playing 2 player games with his wife. (Strasbourg is his only game which needs 3+ players.) That being said, there are games where the amount of player interactions scales more than average with the number of players and the Oracle of Delphi is one of them. Some people might say that it becomes a bit multiplayer-solitaire-ish with just 2 players. If you don't mind this, then OoD is for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Lindrupsen
Norway
Fredrikstad
Østfold
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Matthias! If you don't mind there being not so much interaction (there are more games like this from Feld) it's a great 2 player game. I have only played it 2 player once so far, but I really enjoyed it. Also, it's a very good game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen Nugent
United States
Tamworth
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MetalPirate wrote:
(Strasbourg is his only game which needs 3+ players.)

Doesn't The Speicherstadt need a minimum of 3? And am I wrong that the Kaispeicher expansion makes it playable with 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HelloIm Mazmo
msg tools
Thanks guys I can't wait it to be available in Canada!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias M
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EllenCaroline wrote:
MetalPirate wrote:

Doesn't The Speicherstadt need a minimum of 3? And am I wrong that the Kaispeicher expansion makes it playable with 2?

You are wrong. Speicherstadt is officially a game for 2-5 and the expansion does not change anything related to the player count. There is a reason why 50+ percent of the BGG users voted for "not recommended" as a two player game, though. So yes, I admit that there is a 2nd Stefan Feld game which I would not recommend for 2 players only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
EllenCaroline wrote:
MetalPirate wrote:

Nope, it's two player out of the box with or without Kaispeicher. I love it at 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ultra Bithalver
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Back to topic: Oracle of Delphi looks good with 2; we just had our 1st match (shortened game for 8 Zeus tile): we enjoyed it, it was nearly a draw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Same! Had to go to tiebreaker with our first 2-player game, taking completely different strategies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth, Rahdo just posted this thoughts on the game and felt it would be better/tighter with more players

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
For what it's worth, Rahdo just posted this thoughts on the game and felt it would be better/tighter with more players

But did he play it with more than 2 players?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rupert Rupinette
United States
Jonesboro
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played twice with two and once with four. Four had more tension and was more fun. It went to the second tie-breaker. I still like it at two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.