Subject: No bases? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
Being a Geek is a sure sign of a sound mind, cause it means you think that life as it is is dull and should be more interesting. Which it is.
mbmbmbmbmb
EDIT: perfect customer service from Monolith! Taking into account the fact that they are delivering a KS (we all kn ow how dodgy that is now) they were extremely reactive on my issue!

I've just received my Conan pledge. Read the rules and saw that you needed coloured bases to play.

ProblemS:

-None are mentionned in the content (here yes, on the box : no)

-There are none in my pledge?

Anyone knows what (TF) is the problem here???

Edit: forget about my first remark: it IS written on the back of the box. Just doesn't shwo in mine and I have a flu that helped me get crazier about the lack of this (quite crucial actually) component!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Make sure you look underneath the inserts, in each box within the main box. Components like base rings are often in small baggies underneath those molded inserts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
Being a Geek is a sure sign of a sound mind, cause it means you think that life as it is is dull and should be more interesting. Which it is.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
Make sure you look underneath the inserts, in each box within the main box. Components like base rings are often in small baggies underneath those molded inserts.

I sure did: checked the box inside-out (even cardboard inserts!) three times: nothing...

Now that's a game that I've been waiting for for 6 extra months (at least) and first thing that happens to me is that my game session for today will have to be cancelled?
Wow.
I'm now sure I won't trust Monolith with my money anytime soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Only thing I can hope for now is that they'll send me my bases ASAP. But in any case my two next sessions are f*ed up...

Doesn't put me in a good mood...

Well at least if the custormer service is diligent, I may reconsider my never trusting them ever again...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Anonymous
Germany
flag msg tools
Use rubber bands as a quick and dirty workaround for your sessions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brunogaia wrote:
Only thing I can hope for now is that they'll send me my bases ASAP. But in any case my two next sessions are f*ed up...

customer service and a replacement delivery aside, there is really no need to cancel any gaming sessions.
After all they are just color markers, my first out of hand suggestions for temporary fixes:
- non permanent markers
- stickers/post-it notes (pieces of them)
- little pieces of colored cloth fashioned into armbands, bandanas or flags
... little hand sown vests ... ok that is getting a little out of hand

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Anonymous
Germany
flag msg tools
- Funny knitted hats
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
in the core box it should have been packed next to the book of skelos, which is in between the 2 figure-holding plastic molds.
thats where i found mine.

you seem to react a bit harsh given only one person reported them missing for now and there are very few missing item reports in total.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Abbath wrote:

Great idea, never did that actually. And I also suddenly realised that my cry havoc bases might also do the trick bot god do I hate fiddly situations like this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Angelsenior wrote:
in the core box it should have been packed next to the book of skelos, which is in between the 2 figure-holding plastic molds.
thats where i found mine.

you seem to react a bit harsh given only one person reported them missing for now and there are very few missing item reports in total.

Yeah maybe a bit of an overeaction here. But really: this KS had quite a delay, rules are far from being perfectly written, n ot even a player aid included and now this...
We're talking good money being invested in advance here...

As I said I hope they deliver on the customer service... SOmething Matagot-like (best customer service I've seen so far) would be appreciated (2 days between message and delivery, TWICE!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dahkon Dahkon
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Contact them and you will get your missing part. No need to complain right now. If they don't solve your problem you will have something to cry about.

It happend a lot to have missing parts in games.

And you got plenty of solutions to play the game without bases. Would be more difficult if you missed the board or skelos book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brunogaia wrote:

Doesn't put me in a good mood...

Well at least if the custormer service is diligent, I may reconsider my never trusting them ever again...

This sounds like a packing error, and isn't necessarily Monolith's fault - unless they went with a cheap, bad production company and this happened a lot, but I don't think this is the case. These things do happen: check out the Cry Havoc threads - some people have been missing whole faction figure sets, IIRC.

See how they resolve this before you judge them - though I can see why this created a level of frustration with you, when you thought you finally had the game.

I['m not saying Monolith haven't dropped the ball on other aspects of Conan, but I don't think this is, really, their fault.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buckley
United Kingdom
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brunogaia wrote:
Abbath wrote:

Great idea, never did that actually. And I also suddenly realised that my cry havoc bases might also do the trick bot god do I hate fiddly situations like this!

Also Blood Rage bases might work, if you have those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Really I think that what infuriated me is that those very same bases I didn't get are NOT mentioned in the content of the set behind the box!

Which means that I checked and double-checked everything and even started to think that they were misssing ON PURPOSE (as in: find a way around the lack thereof if you don't pain the minis!)

I know it sounds ludicrous but I'm sick with a cold, so it really was nerve raking

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Anonymous
Germany
flag msg tools
The boxes itself are overall not that great. The addons didn't even show the minis or an artwork of them on their backs. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bad Kam
msg tools
brunogaia wrote:
Really I think that what infuriated me is that those very same bases I didn't get are NOT mentioned in the content of the set behind the box!

They are the "25 bases en plastique" mentioned on the back of the box

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
They work the same as Imperial Assault does with stormtroopers--they don't come with bases, just little stickers with '1, 2, 3' etc. so you can keep groups together.

Worse comes to worse, mark the bottom of the mini with a colored dot or marker, and if you paint them later you'll paint over it anyhow.

Nothing worth getting in a tizzy over, sure they need to recompense you for what you are owed but I don't think I'd restart the Inquisition over it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
BadKam wrote:
brunogaia wrote:

They are the "25 bases en plastique" mentioned on the back of the box ;)

Had to check it out and indeed the flu's made me head funny. It IS written on the back of the box OO

What is sure is that they're nowhere to be seen IN the box XD! Of well tomorrow I'll go rubber bands, it will be butt ugly but at least we'll be able to play :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hillean wrote:
They work the same as Imperial Assault does with stormtroopers--they don't come with bases, just little stickers with '1, 2, 3' etc. so you can keep groups together.

Worse comes to worse, mark the bottom of the mini with a colored dot or marker, and if you paint them later you'll paint over it anyhow.

Nothing worth getting in a tizzy over, sure they need to recompense you for what you are owed but I don't think I'd restart the Inquisition over it.

No, no, they actually come with bases, it's just that I didn't get them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Abbath wrote:
- Funny knitted hats

Now THAT woud spoil the Conan atmosphere
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
brunogaia wrote:
Hillean wrote:

I meant the Imperial Assault minis don't come with bases, and they are treated in groups just like Conan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hillean wrote:
brunogaia wrote:
Hillean wrote:

I meant the Imperial Assault minis don't come with bases, and they are treated in groups just like Conan.

Wow really? And are there squads of minis that look the same too? In which case at the price they sell that stuff they could at least add some coloured bases...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
What Imperial Assault did was included some small tokens numbered 1-6 and multiple stickers for numbers 1-6, and wanted you to put the stickers on the bases of your units and the token on your player card, so you can remember which units go with which activation card.

Conan resolves part of that by having a color already on the card--now you just need to color your units to match. If you paint them, maybe try incorporating that color scheme somewhere onto the unit, or paint the base that color. If you don't paint, maybe get a sharpie of that color and mark on the base or the bottom of the mini.

If you end up painting the figure, you probably won't end up using the bases anyhow as putting them on/taking them off frequently will wear down any basing job you do and possibly your paint work (learned the hard way with the Blood Rage monsters).

I'd almost see not getting bases as an opportunity to do better with what you have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hillean wrote:
What Imperial Assault did was included some small tokens numbered 1-6 and multiple stickers for numbers 1-6, and wanted you to put the stickers on the bases of your units and the token on your player card, so you can remember which units go with which activation card.

Conan resolves part of that by having a color already on the card--now you just need to color your units to match. If you paint them, maybe try incorporating that color scheme somewhere onto the unit, or paint the base that color. If you don't paint, maybe get a sharpie of that color and mark on the base or the bottom of the mini.

If you end up painting the figure, you probably won't end up using the bases anyhow as putting them on/taking them off frequently will wear down any basing job you do and possibly your paint work (learned the hard way with the Blood Rage monsters).

I'd almost see not getting bases as an opportunity to do better with what you have.

The problem is I'm actually 90% sure I won't paint these. I ain't no great painter (can do painstakingly allright I suppose...) and I wwnat to keep my painting time for The Others.
Marker is the best solution but you gotta be 100% sure it won't leave a trace in cas I want to resell the game. I have a ridiculous amount of games for the space I lve in, so I often have to resell part of my collection, especially the "heavy" parts as you can guess whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
If you received any bases for Rum & Bones or B-Sieged, these look to be the same size

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.