Subject: Questions on For all of Ophir´s Gold mission rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zed Lovecraft
Germany
Duesseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday we played this mission and encountered some questions we weren´t sure how to handle:

1. Trebuchets event: As far as I know the English rules text misses “A rock is catapulted by the Ophirian Army into a zone chosen by the Overlord” (see thread that deals with the translation issues). If this is true why does the OL select where the rock hits? Shouldn´t they support the mission to rescue the daughter of the king and thus the heroes choose?

2. Mithra´s Halo: what is meant that the spell ends as soon as your group activates? Does it mean it ends as soon as the nest hero turn?

3. Winning condition: a hero must flee the fort with Olivia to win the game.
a) Can he flee through any entrance (NW and the rock slide at SE?)
b) To fulfill the condition is it enough to just step out of the fort and enter one of the reinforcement spaces (NW) or must the hero spend one more MP to actually leave the board? There is no intel about this in the English scenario rules.

4. Teleport: Can the spell be used to teleport from the outside space of the fort into the tower cell that holds Olivia?

5. Rock slides: does it really take 3 Movement points to enter the zone?
As the rock slide zones are kind of clearly visible on the board is there any function we missed on why to put the markers on them?

5. Doors: is it possible to open a door but not move to the adjacent room?

6. The game is a lot of fun but the rules and translation error really take a lot of time to be figured out and distract from the immersion. Any update on when we´ll see an official FAQ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K. Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
By Crom !
mbmbmbmbmb
3b: they must leave the board according to the french rules. I will put this on the translation list...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashes001 wrote:
As the rock slide zones are kind of clearly visible on the board is there any function we missed on why to put the markers on them?

That's likely for clarity. Without those markers, people would be asking "just to clarify, which spaces are the rock slide spaces?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zed Lovecraft
Germany
Duesseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
Just updated my original post as some of my questions weren´t clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anthony dybacz
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2. For Mitra's Halo (and equivalent spells) I believe it ends for a hero only when he goes to aggressive stance and it ends for the overlord when he activates the group. This means that the hero can stay in rest stance and the spell remains in effect (or, for the overlord, as long as he does not activate).
If this is not the case, then the question arises why does Hadrathus start a game with it cast?

5. Rock Slides; yes it takes 3 movement. No, there is no purpose to put markers on the board.

6. They have stated they are working on a clearer rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Larsen
Denmark
Horsens
flag msg tools
A couple of additional questions about line of sight for this scenario:

The scenario states:

"A character in a wall area has line of sight to each ground area within the fort walls"

The room in which the captain is and the neighbouring room do not seem to be part of the wall. And an argument could be made that they aren't part of the court either, since they are walled in and not supposed to be under the open sky.

Question 1
Is the captain's room and the the neighbouring room part of the court and therefore in line of sight from all wall areas, or are those two areas considered something else and therefore under the ordinary rules for line of sight?

Question 2
If there is line of sight from any wall area to any area in the fort's court areas, is the opposite also true?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank BLACKFIRE
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Here is a picture done by French fans :

In blue, the courtyard area.
In green, the LOS from and towards the towers.

Uthin wrote:
Question 1
Is the captain's room and the the neighbouring room part of the court and therefore in line of sight from all wall areas, or are those two areas considered something else and therefore under the ordinary rules for line of sight?
As you can see on the picture, these rooms are not part of the courtyard.

Uthin wrote:
Question 2
If there is line of sight from any wall area to any area in the fort's court areas, is the opposite also true?

I say yes, but I'm not from Monolith.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Larsen
Denmark
Horsens
flag msg tools
Pallantides wrote:

Here is a picture done by French fans

Interesting. I've seen another such image here on BBG. Where do you find them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank BLACKFIRE
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Uthin wrote:
Pallantides wrote:

Here is a picture done by French fans

Interesting. I've seen another such image here on BBG. Where do you find them?

In non-official french fan-made FAQ and Rules Compendium :

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17442583/Games/Conan/Con...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17442583/Games/Conan/Con...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.