Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Gray
United States
North Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
GrayMass Games has licensed the rights to Dogs and will be launching a kickstarter campaign in Feb 2017 with plans to ship the game to backers in July 2017.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Barrese
United States
East Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is awesome news! I hope (and assume) that someone will post a reminder in the forum when that happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Phay
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man this is fantastic news.
I had heard that they were going to be making changes to the game like removing things or something like that. Wonder if this is still the case or if they are leaving the game as is and just getting it back out there.

Thanks for the post
Ray
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo Esteves
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In Brazil it was re-released the first edition, where only dogs. The other animals were removed from the second edition.

https://goo.gl/AptvJx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Gray
United States
North Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Let me start by saying that I am very happy to be publishing Dogs, its family friendly but has enough strategy to keep us hard core gamers interested.

Yes, we will post a reminder here about the kickstarter as we get closer.

As for changes there are a few.
1 - This printing will be close to the 3rd edition published in Brazil, it will be only Dogs no other animals.
2 - We changed the art for the Poodle and made the Poodle a city dog and the Golden Retriever a country dog, this has no effect on game play it was just personal taste.
3 - We changed the art for the gas can to look more like what Americans think of as a gas can, also all tokens will be double sided.
4 - The player action board has updated art and now at the bottom of that board is the Dog Fair. This is a place to put the dog tiles that the Dog Fair buys, it will have numbers so it will be easy to see the cost of a dog at a glance.
5 - We now have 9 Dog Fair cards so that all dogs in the game are represented. New art for those cards, they look fantastic.
6 - Player boards had a minor refresh, changed to English and the gas pump was updated. Also changed the names of some of the Kennels.
7 - Updated the art on gas resource cards to reflect the new gas can and updated all the special cards art.
8 - The biggest change has come to the two player game, we have changed the number of Dogs that get removed, added some blank tiles to the mix and removed all the resource cards that have 3 items on them. This should make the game a bit harder in the two player mode. We are also going to change the endgame trigger in the two player game but that's not finished yet.

As you can see it has mainly been some cosmetic changes and Diego who was the original artist has been doing all the art updates. I will post some pictures of the new art here as well as on our website (which we are still building) www.graymassgames.com and our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/GrayMassGames/

If you have questions please feel free to post them to me here our Facebook page, I will try and answer as I can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Gilbert

New Hampshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news! I have a copy of the 1st edition that I imported to the US from Brazil. The combination of pick-up and deliver, worker placement, and set collection really make this game shine for me. It is definitely one of my favorite games in my collection.

I look forward to the launch and will share it with all of my gaming friends.

Marcos should be very proud of this game and I'm thrilled to see it get wider distribution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dogs really surprised me, so much so that I wanted to be involved in the new edition - it's really looking great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauro Reis
United States
Doylestown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why were the other animals removed? I thought it was cool to have ferrets and cats and etc too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Gray
United States
North Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I’m not sure why designer, Marcos changed to other animals for the second print run of the game, but when we licensed the game from him we went with the original version of just the dogs. Although the artist, Diego Sanchez did some great art for the other animals we felt in the end the game was about Dogs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc
United States
Howell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
If you have an original Brazilian copy what's the incentive to back the new kickstarter besides it being in English? And does anyone think that adds resale value to the original?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tamarack928 wrote:
If you have an original Brazilian copy what's the incentive to back the new kickstarter besides it being in English? And does anyone think that adds resale value to the original?

Well, it looks like there were changes to the two-player version. So perhaps if you primarily play it as a 2p game it may be worth it to back?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.