Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmb
We played last night and encountered a situation which seems to be supported as acceptable by the rules but on reflection seems atomically powerful.

A player started with the contract that gives 1VP / blue cube obtained. This was then followed by the matching contract giving 1VP/ blue cube. Then then got the contract for 1VP/ ANY cube obtained and topped it all off with the card that rewards an extra blue cube every time a blue cube is obtained.

As a result, each time the player collected a single blue cube from the market or pirates (bandits?), they collected a second blue cube and scooped 6 points. This is massively powerful and mindful that you need c5 people delivered to the Temple to equal this number, dare I say it seems a little over powered. We checked the rules but the wording is clear, 'When receiving a resource, receive one honour point....' there are no exclusions or caveats so the cube obtained as a bonus counts as well.

Are we missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
Big Bad Lex wrote:
We played last night and encountered a situation which seems to be supported as acceptable by the rules but on reflection seems atomically powerful.

A player started with the contract that gives 1VP / blue cube obtained. This was then followed by the matching contract giving 1VP/ blue cube. Then then got the contract for 1VP/ ANY cube obtained and topped it all off with the card that rewards an extra blue cube every time a blue cube is obtained.

As a result, each time the player collected a single blue cube from the market or pirates (bandits?), they collected a second blue cube and scooped 6 points. This is massively powerful and mindful that you need c5 people delivered to the Temple to equal this number, dare I say it seems a little over powered. We checked the rules but the wording is clear, 'When receiving a resource, receive one honour point....' there are no exclusions or caveats so the cube obtained as a bonus counts as well.

Maybe just a little bit of blocking

As far as i can tell, it sound legit, im just not sure if you can have the same contract multiple times. I dont have the rules with me right now, but thats the only one that sounds like it may have a slight problem
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
emperors4 games
Taiwan
flag msg tools
EmperorS4
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:

Page14:The permanent effect on each order will only activate once per turn.
In your case, when you collected a single blue cube, you will only gain a second blue cube and score 3 points.

For example, same with the Rule: 'When receiving coins, receive 1 or 2 extra coin.'
whether you gain more money, you only receive 1 or 2 extra
coin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmb
emperors4 wrote:
Big Bad Lex wrote:

In your case, when you collected a single blue cube, you will only gain a second blue cube and score 3 points.

For example, same with the Rule: 'When receiving coins, receive 1 or 2 extra coin.'
coin.

Thats the clincher. Well done. I think that rule needs to be in bold, double height font. So I made it so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
emperors4 games
Taiwan
flag msg tools
EmperorS4
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:
emperors4 wrote:
Big Bad Lex wrote:

coin.

Thats the clincher. Well done. I think that rule needs to be in bold, double height font. So I made it so.

No mistake, this point you do much better than me
I'll try to improve the rule book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
For example, I have permanent effect cards below:

1. Gain 1 VP when receive a blue cube
2. Gain a cube when receive a cube (with same color).

So when I receive a blue cube, I can get the same cube, which is blue (activate card no. 2) and then get 1 VP because of the card no. 2 I receive a blue cube that can be used to activate card no. 1.

Is this how these cards work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.