10 Posts

Conan» Forums » General

Subject: Scenario: The Wrath of Anu, event tile rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Germany
flag msg tools
Hi all,

we played the scenario "The wrath of Anu". The description of the event tile says ".. the Overlord resolves one of the events based on the number of priests that have been removed from the board."

Word for word, for me that means, that you can only use the one event that currently fits to the game progress, e.g., there are 2 priests removed so i can only give one guard unit +2 move.

But i think it would make more sense if you could choose from all currently "unlocked" events, so the previous events (0 priests and 1 priest removed), too. Otherwise you may never get any reinforcements, if the hero plays that smart.

What do you think? How did you play it?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your wording says it reads,"one of the events", not "the event". That seems like you may have more than just one choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think that would be the case, otherwise once you hit, and have activated, the Thak event, that event tile is then useless (and the Thak event doesn't specifiy to remove the event tile).

Are you working from the English or French version of the rules? If the English, and you speak good French, then it may be worth double-checking that version to see if it details it better - there have been translation issues with the English rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K. Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
By Crom !
mbmbmbmbmb
From the french version, here translated:

The events become available as a function of the heroes progress. Every time a priest talks or is killed, an additional event is usable (at the disposal) for the Overlord.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Olin
Finland
Vasa
flag msg tools
badge
Justice for the 96!
mbmbmbmbmb
stenfisker wrote:

The events become available as a function of the heroes progress. Every time a priest talks or is killed, an additional event is usable (at the disposal) for the Overlord.

Soon I'll attend French classes just to make sure I play this game right ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
That explains alot. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stenfisker wrote:

Wow. It amazes me just how substantial the differences between the English and French rules are...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
knorki butchek
msg tools
Sorry for threadnapping, but i also have a question concearning this Mission .
The second unlockable event says i can place a new bossonian guards tile at the end of the river(max4) and bring two models of matching color into Game.

Does max 4 mean,i can have 4 bossonian guards tiles max.
Or
I can place it at position 4 on the River,thus triggering this event only once?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K. Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
By Crom !
mbmbmbmbmb
ericnerdman wrote:
Sorry for threadnapping, but i also have a question concearning this Mission .
The second unlockable event says i can place a new bossonian guards tile at the end of the river(max4) and bring two models of matching color into Game.

Does max 4 mean,i can have 4 bossonian guards tiles max.
Or
I can place it at position 4 on the River,thus triggering this event only once?

In french: max 4 units (tiles)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oak Wolf
msg tools
Wish i had ordered the game in french after all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.