Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Hymowitz
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to hopefully trying this out tonight.

I just want to make sure I understand correctly:

During the Cleanup phase at the end of my turn, I count my points. I'm not accumulating points every turn that get added to the scoreboard. I count how many points I have, which may be more or less than I had at the start of my turn, and mark them on the scoreboard for easy reference. The scoreboard is essentially a reference tool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed that's correct, but in a sense they do accumulate every turn, unless you lose points by trashing card to get the VP difference stable resources. You have to pay attention though to some Paragon cards that can be quite swingy from turn to turn in regard to how many points they give you, like Stockpile for example. The scoreboard basically reflects how many points you have at every time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hymowitz
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a hard time with the phrasing of my question.

Yes, points accumulate in that hopefully I have more than I used to.

But if I (let's say) had 3 points last turn, and I have 4 points this turn, I don't increase my score by 4 points; I increase my score to 4 points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hymie wrote:
I had a hard time with the phrasing of my question.

Yes, points accumulate in that hopefully I have more than I used to.

But if I (let's say) had 3 points last turn, and I have 4 points this turn, I don't increase my score by 4 points; I increase my score to 4 points.

Yes, that's correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sygyzy
United States
Goleta
CA
flag msg tools
I had a surprisingly difficult time explaining the scoring to the other players today. When you score at the end of your turn, it's the current state of your points. This can easily be calculated just by looking at your tableau. In one instance, a player had a Prize Safe 1.0 with say 3 points. Then they upgraded it and rolled a 6. Their new current score is 6, not 3 + 6 = 9. You look at your board and count up the points. You don't get to "keep" points that you lost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.