Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Card
United Kingdom
Didcot
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mb
I must be missing something obvious here ...
The death rolls on the refugia placards are described as manna death (square and a disk) and enzyme death (disk only), but then the death dice bullet point in F2 says that each dice face may cause both Manna and Enzyme deat, such as a 6 , and the example is consistent with that.

So does every enzyme death result also cause a manna death. Only if it's a 6? I.m confused.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Fischer
Netherlands
Den Haag
---
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, for the deviation, but as an aside: this game produces the best BGG thread headlines ever.

Carry on

(I am picking my copy up tonight.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck dunn
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the roll of 4,5, or 6 can cause an enzyme death and a manna death because of the uncovered enzyme slot in the center of the card..the example has enzymes covering the enzyme death slot for the number 4 but not 5 or 6. This example,(page 23), has a dice roll of 1,4,4,6. Life first, then death is the way to count those dice.The one organizes one manna the 2 fours pictured only cause manna death as the enzyme death slot is currently covered. the 6 kills an enzyme and a manna. The good news is the doubles result allows you to flip and take card into your tableau if you wish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Ricotta
Japan
Okinawa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
IT is clear as mud

Manna death (marked with a square and a disk), and Enzyme death (marked with a disk only).

I'd say (and how we have been playing on the PBeM is Manna death (square and disk) kills both while Enzyme death (disc) just kills a disk...

That makes the symbols work out at least...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Shea
Germany
Nußloch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Manna death is the same as Death and biosynthesis. See the icons on the back of your rule book. If you take a look at the refugia Tholin Storm Clouds, it has two results for a 6, one is Death and Biosynthesis, where an organized manna becomes disorganized and you gain a catalyst as compensation, and Enzyme Death, where you just lose a catalyst to the soup from the refugia. I apply the results from left to right. So if I roll one six in F Phase 3 for my refugia, then I apply the six result to the first entry from the left that matches and that is Death and Biosynthesis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gastonguay
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Act Three! Everybody Dies!
mbmbmbmbmb
ricottma wrote:
IT is clear as mud

Manna death (marked with a square and a disk), and Enzyme death (marked with a disk only).

I'd say (and how we have been playing on the PBeM is Manna death (square and disk) kills both while Enzyme death (disc) just kills a disk...

That makes the symbols work out at least...

Square and disc refers to manna death and receiving catalysts as compensation. Discs refer to just enzyme death.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
PeterCard wrote:
I must be missing something obvious here ...
The death rolls on the refugia placards are described as manna death (square and a disk) and enzyme death (disk only), but then the death dice bullet point in F2 says that each dice face may cause both Manna and Enzyme deat, such as a 6 , and the example is consistent with that.

So does every enzyme death result also cause a manna death. Only if it's a 6? I.m confused.

Manna death disorganizes manna. Enzyme death kills off enzymes.

The same dice roll can cause both, if both are uncovered.

For instance, for the UV irradiated ocean, suppose the "4" is covered by an enzyme. If you roll a "4", nothing happens, because that result is blocked by the enzyme.

If you roll a "5", there are two uncovered 5's, an enzyme death and a manna death. Both occur, because both 5's are not covered by enzymes.

If instead both the "4" (manna death) and the "5" (manna death) are covered by enzymes, leaving the "5" (enzyme death) uncovered, then rolling a "5" would not cause manna death (since it is covered) but would cause an enzyme death (since it is uncovered). Rolling two 5's would cause 2 enzyme deaths.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Watkins
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CthulhuKid wrote:
Square and disc refers to manna death and receiving catalysts as compensation. Discs refer to just enzyme death.

This is the salient point (bolded above.) The disc on the manna death icon means that you get a catalyst as compensation for manna death, not that you also lose an enzyme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Card
United Kingdom
Didcot
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mb
Ok, got it. The obvious thing I was missing was that the same die result can be shown twice, once for manna death, once for enzyme death.
Moral, Read The Placard, Fool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.