Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joerg Schaefer
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After my first play, I'm wondering how prone Tin Goose is to groupthink. I've read about players winning with more than 400$. The winner in our game had about 190$.

I think that there are fair auction prices that shouldn't differ much between experienced groups. The value of an auctioned fleet in most instances shouldn't be too different among the players with the exception of single players not really wanting the fleet because of event preparation or lack of money.

Factors to consider:
- Return on investment: mostly equal for all players early on, will sink later in the game. Larger planes potentially should yield higher returns later on compared to smaller ones.
- Individual risk: benefit of removing one hazard vs. risks of new fleet card and total exposure vs. other players
- Risk readiness: the higher the readiness, the closer the bid should be to the possible return
- Money supply: as long as at least two players have enough money left to bid a fair price, this shouldn't matter
- Spite of the group: The inclination of players in the group to inflict negative events vs. a propensity for constructive build-up. The only real difference for pricing among groups.

With these factors in mind, we saw a development in auction prices from close to $20 in the early game, rising to approx. $30 in the mid game and differing in the late game between $15-30 depending on the size of the fleet.

What are usual prices in your group? What do you consider fair prices?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.