Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clare Johnson
Wales
Trefforest
Mid Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mbmb
The rules state that wild bones are considered to be the colour of which ever bone they are touching so I have a few questions about how EXACTLY this works

I place a wild bone next to a unique bone.... does this wild bone now count as a unique bone for scoring purposes?

I place a wild bone in the middle of a tail/spine that I have depicted on a bonus card. All other bones are in the correct configuration to score. Can I score this bonus card?

Thanks

Edit:
Also do the bonus cards reshuffle if you go through the deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brusky
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can put a wild against a unique for scoring purposes.

The rules state that a wild bone can touch only one other color, so you cannot place it between a tail and spine. You CAN place it between two tail bones, for purposes of scoring a bonus card.

Yes, reshuffle the bonus cards. It seems odd that you run through them. There are 21 cards, so even in a 5 player game, that's 4+ cards per player. Remember that they count against you if unfinished at the end of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Pieper
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I completed five dinosaur bonus cards in yesterday's game (a stegosaur in the first round, and then two more in round 2, and two in the final round). I also had one unfinished card which scored a few bonus points at the end. We indeed ran out all of the dinosaur bonus cards and had to reshuffle.

I'm not sure why you suggest "they count against you if unfinished" -- It's possible we were playing incorrectly, but I was taught that leftover cards contribute to your notoriety, and in a 5-player game there's an 80% chance that nets you bonus points at the end of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
Poobslag wrote:
I'm not sure why you suggest "they count against you if unfinished" -- It's possible we were playing incorrectly, but I was taught that leftover cards contribute to your notoriety, and in a 5-player game there's an 80% chance that nets you bonus points at the end of the game.

Agreed. Although it does seem odd that all folk with lesser notoriety are rewarded 3 points for each unfinished card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.