Subject: special ability question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sébastien La Cinquième Colonne
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Question on special ability

The jock can run or be chased acroos two avalaible adjacent location, but it can SWAP across two location ?

Cheeleader can calm a scared character at the same location, and can calm herself down when calming another character.
But can she calm down only her, without calmed another character ?

And finally, if i use the special ability of (for example) the jock, can i use the action RUNNING in the same turn ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would probably play that the Jock can't swap with another character if he has moved two spaces -- he can run really fast, they can't.

I read the Cheerleader special ability as being unable to cheer herself up if she's not with another scared character. This happened to us, where she was the only scared character and she was hoping that someone else would get scared so she could calm them and herself down. Kind of a weird situation.

But I feel like if she were able to calm herself down, when alone, it would have been worded more like, "The Cheerleader can calm herself and/or other players at her location."

The special abilities of the Jock, Geek, and the Preppy do not let them take the same action twice in one turn. So the Jock can't use his special ability to move two spaces and then also move one more space as his regular action. There's a line in the rulebook about this, but I don't have it in front of me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.