Popular Tags: [View All]
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
stuart_greyabbey wrote:
For example before I use each action dice can Thrandual have archers fire (his activation token only seems to be discarded to place unit token - therefore if not discarded is it available to use again to fire?)

I'm going from memory for Thranduil's card, and haven't played B5A for a while, but I'm 99% sure the answer is 'no'.

Using any of the Generals' abilities uses their activation token. See 'Activating Generals' on p19.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
OK, I checked the card now and see your confusion. It states:

Quote:
General. Before choosing your Action Die, discard the Activation token from this card to place on Elves Recruitment token in Fallen Bridge, or to make an Archery attack.

If you read this as just '...., or make an archery attack.' the interpretation you suggest would be possible. But the 'to' refers to the discarding of the token, so it's necessary for the Archery attack also.

So, now I am 100% certain. According to both the rules and Thranduil's card, you discard his token to use Archery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Deusen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orion3T wrote:
So, now I am 100% certain. According to both the rules and Thranduil's card, you discard his token to use Archery.

Yes, definitely this. One token per general. One activation per token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Hill
United Kingdom
newtownards
county down
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks folks, we just hadn't read all the text on the cards, but we're looking in the rules.

Doh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.