United Kingdom
near mold
flintshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Possible spoilers with card names and Acts

Spoiler (click to reveal)

Q1
It's my first action and I investigate successfully gaining the required amount of clues to advanced the act deck

Does the act deck advance there and then, for example, the 1st act card of 'the gathering' and then do I resume my last 2 actions?

Does the act deck advance in act 3 of the gathering when you defeat the 'ghoul priest' straight away?.

Q2
When the enemy deals damage, for example, the ghoul priest who deals 2 damage and 2 horror, and I have my 'guard dog' with a health of 3 and sanity of 1, can I assign as much as possible to the 'guard dog' and I receive the rest?

If I have 2 cards out in my asset area with health and sanity values can i split the damage?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milo Gertjejansen
United States
Hopkins
Minnesota
flag msg tools
~ >
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Firthaa01 wrote:
It's my first action and I investigate successfully gaining the required amount of clues to advanced the act deck

Do you mean that you used many actions to get clues? You only gain one clue per successful investigate normally.

Edit: RR6 under Clues.

Firthaa01 wrote:
Does the act deck advance there and then, for example, the 1st act card of 'the gathering' and then do I resume my last 2 actions?

Does the act deck advance in act 3 of the gathering when you defeat the 'ghoul priest' straight away?.

The Act card will tell you what to do. I think you have to
spend clues as a group during a turn.

Edit: RR6-7 under Clues.

Firthaa01 wrote:
When the enemy deals damage, for example, the ghoul priest who deals 2 damage and 2 horror, and I have my 'guard dog' with a health of 3 and sanity of 1, can I assign as much as possible to the 'guard dog' and I receive the rest?

If I have 2 cards out in my asset area with health and sanity values can i split the damage?

It is my understanding that you can do that. Although you could not assign more health or sanity damage to a companion. So you could not assign eight sanity damage to the Guard Dog. You could however assign one and then two more to Leo, and then the remaining five to you.

Edit: RR7 under Dealing Damage/Horror.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Firth
United Kingdom
near mold
flintshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
miloshot wrote:
[q="Firthaa01"]It's my first action and I investigate successfully gaining the required amount of clues to advanced the act deck

Quote:
Do you mean that you used many actions to get clues? You only gain one clue per successful investigate normally.

No. I'll re-phrase. I currently have 1 clue, its my first action and i investigate successfully and now i have 2 in total which meets the requirment of the first act card for the gathering (USING 1 CHARACTER SOLO).......ive still got 2 actions but do I advance the act deck first?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milo Gertjejansen
United States
Hopkins
Minnesota
flag msg tools
~ >
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Firthaa01 wrote:
miloshot wrote:
[q="Firthaa01"]It's my first action and I investigate successfully gaining the required amount of clues to advanced the act deck

Quote:

No. I'll re-phrase. I currently have 1 clue, its my first action and i investigate successfully and now i have 2 in total which meets the requirment of the first act card for the gathering (USING 1 CHARACTER SOLO).......ive still got 2 actions but do I advance the act deck first?

You decide when to spend the clues to advance during an investigator turn.

Rules Reference, Page 7 wrote:

If there are no “Objective – ” requirements for advancing
the current act, during any investigator’s turn the
investigators may, as a group, spend the requisite number
of clues (usually conveyed as a “per investigator” value)
from their investigator cards to advance the act deck.
This is normally done as a fast player ability. Any or all
investigators may contribute any number of clues towards
the total number of clues required to advance the act.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"The act deck represents progress the investigators
can make in a scenario. Generally, the investigators
can advance the act deck by spending, as a group,
an appropriate number of clues. Spent clues are
returned from the investigators’ cards to the
general token pool. Advancing the act in this way
does not cost an action and may be done during
any investigator’s turn. The number of clues
required to advance to the next act can be found
at the bottom of the current act card’s text box."

You choose when you want to do it. If you want to do it immediately, you can do that. If you want to wait until later, you can do that too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Erb
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, you get to decide when to spend them. that way you can set up some things first. "hmm, i could advance the act, but that may lead to more bad dudes. i should probably bust out this shotgun first..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Firth
United Kingdom
near mold
flintshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet thanks. Played it on TTS and really enjoyed it. Can't wait for the real thing .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.