tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
Why did Dracula become a bank? To deal with suckers every day!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Steph (blogger) played the handmade version at Spiel. In writing about it, she mentioned that its creator was preparing for a Kickstarter release in 2017.

I hope I'm summarizing this accurately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Scheiderich
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also now note that the company is based in Oregon...blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
You can buy the prototypes now or wait for the Kickstarter later. They said they were shooting for a $50-60 retail price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Wright
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Hi Jim! Yes, we are in the USA, and do have limited edition copies for sale on our website at [geekurl=www.massifgames.com/themountaineer]www.massifgames.com/themountaineerwww.massifgames.com/themou...[/geekurl].

Let me know if you have any questions, and feel free to contact me via email at corey@massifgames.com.

Cheers!
Corey
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Wright
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Yes, an excellent summary, thank you! We are hoping to launch the kickstarter for the production version in the next month or so, meaning a release next year. But, we do have some limited edition copies up for sale. Unfortunately, they are sorta expensive, as they are handmade in small quantities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Moller
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this still being planned for a kickstarter? If so, is there a specific date on the horizon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Scheiderich
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The pre-orderable game on Massif's site indicates it's a limited edition copy. So, come KS time how will it, if at all, differ? Components, quality etc?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Wright
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Hi Will,

Yes, this is definitely still being planned for a Kickstarter. We are hoping sometime around May or June. Right now, we are focusing on a different product (game display stands) in order to hopefully generate some revenue to pay for really good artwork. Everything else, manufacturing, components, game play, etc has basically been completed.

Sorry it has taken longer than expected. We just decided it would be better to wait on the Kickstarter until after we have the artwork updated.

Here is a link to a video of the game stands. If everything goes as planned, we are hoping to launch a kickstarter for these this month.

[geekurl=https://www.facebook.com/massifgames/videos/1231544970272875/]https://www.facebook.com/massifgames/videos/1231544970272875...[/geekurl]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Wright
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Hi Jim,

Several things are going to be different. I'll try to list a few...

-- New, updated high quality artwork
-- Improved components, thicker cardboard, higher quality paper, etc.
-- New components, including elevated upgrade boards, and a round base for the game to spin on.
-- Miniatures for the mountain climbers
-- A cardboard game tray that holds everything nicely.
-- If we can afford it, additional player cards with special abilities

Right now we are preparing to launch a kickstarter for another product, board game display stands. We want to use the money from that to help fund The Mountaineer. Hoping that the kickstarter for The Mountaineer will happen around May or June.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cohn
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wrighcor wrote:
Hi Will,

Yes, this is definitely still being planned for a Kickstarter. We are hoping sometime around May or June. Right now, we are focusing on a different product (game display stands) in order to hopefully generate some revenue to pay for really good artwork. Everything else, manufacturing, components, game play, etc has basically been completed.

Wait, wait, wait. A company that wants to have really good artwork ready BEFORE the KS campaign? And everything else is basically done?

Sounds like sorcery!

That's really good news, I just went to your website and signed up for the newsletter to be advised when the Kickstarter is getting closer and for other information about the game and the company.

For anyone else interested, there is a mailing list on the Mountaineer page of their website:
https://www.massifgames.com/product/the-mountaineer/

This is one of those really interesting looking games that would look great at a con!

~Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Wright
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Thanks for the comment Steve! On that note, here is a little article that talks about some of the changes we are making in more detail.

https://www.massifgames.com/2017/03/08/update-regarding-the-...

Also, anybody have fun ideas for a new game name? I'm getting a little board of "The Mountaineer", and might want something else to go with the new artwork when it comes...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Wright
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
For anyone interested, you can help us come up with ideas for a big change we are making- turn cards that have unique events and actions! Follow the link and fill out the embedded google survey.

https://www.massifgames.com/2017/04/13/2132/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.