1 , 2  Next »   | 

Inis» Forums » General

Subject: UK Availability? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
alan stewart
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
It seems that all pre-orders etc have sold out at UK stockists, is there any word on future availability of stock? From what I could gather on the forums I think only 500 made it to our fine shores and obviously it has been very successful. I'd love to get my hands on a copy before christmas but is that likely?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Myles Mulroy
United Kingdom
Manchester
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Gameslore seem to have it available for pre-order...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan stewart
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks Myles, there are a number of stores still offering a pre-order via the site (board game hut, meeples corner for instance) but when I've called them they have already sold out of first run stock and the pre-order is for a later delivery. None seem to have a date for that second run though. I haven't heard back from Games Lore about that yet though so fingers crossed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peel
United Kingdom
Northampton
flag msg tools
I pre-ordered from board game hut at the start of October. I didnt realise it was for a later, as yet unannounced later delivery. I just assumed "pre-order" meant that when its released you will get a copy.

I might have to contact them and confirm.

Thanks for the heads up

John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan stewart
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hey John, your pre-order should be fine, I was assured by meeple's corner the puchase process wouldn't complete for the pre-order as they had reached the limit on current orders. In the case of board game hut, it now simply shows the pre-order as out of stock. Game Lore have told me they reached out to the publisher for a date for current pre-order fulfillment but haven't heard anything back. I'm holding off ordering until I get word from them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McLoughlin
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I also pre-ordered from board game hut, and recently emailed them to ask about the ETA.

I was essentially told that Esdevium, the publisher, have somehow managed to'oversell' their pre-orders, and never actually printed enough copies to fulfill all of them. As my order was one of the later ones, I'm apparently not likely to receive one of the initial batch (Board Game Hut have decided to fulfil the orders by date they were made, which is fair).

Extremely disappointed with Esdevium. Board Game Hut themselves however have been very helpful, and offered me a full refund if I desire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Berns
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
When did you preorder?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peel
United Kingdom
Northampton
flag msg tools
Hi,

Thanks for the news about Boardgame hut. They have not got back to me yet. I ordered mine on 6th October so i too am perhaps not in the first batch. If so i think i will cancel my order then and take my chances for a later batch.

I will contact them again and find out whats happening.

Thanks for the heads up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan stewart
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I'm glad I phoned ahead in that case. Hopefully the publisher can get on top of the supply problem quick enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Myles Mulroy
United Kingdom
Manchester
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I got word back from Gameslore yesterday, saying they have heard back from their supplier who apparently don't have a release date, or rather they say that it's "not known at present".

Ugh... I put my pre-order in on October 11th. I really hope I'm not gonna have to wait for a second print run...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Berns
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Quite telling that the threads/posts Matagot don't reply to are the ones regarding wide release. They don't have a handle on it. Something along the supply chain has gotten messed up, I imagine. I don't mean to sound entitled, I just really want to play this game, finally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mb
For reasons best known to Matagot and Esdevium, Matagot's games often seem to have a troubled/delayed passage to the UK - they often appear in EU retailers way before the UK. In addition on this occasion, Matagot seem to have under-produced on the print run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Myles Mulroy
United Kingdom
Manchester
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
To be fair, the resident BGG Matagot rep had said
arnaud4matagot wrote:
I think November is a safe bet. Depending on shipping to Esdevium.
in August regarding UK arrivals. We're probably all getting overly pumped because a few retailers had said it would be available in October.

But, Lord knows, I do want it NOW!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
m stephens
Wales
carmarthen
carmarthenshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One online retailer says 28th of Oct as expected release date!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Berns
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes I saw that too. But I wouldn't put much stock in that.

Geddit?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
m stephens
Wales
carmarthen
carmarthenshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevinine wrote:
Yes I saw that too. But I wouldn't put much stock in that.

Geddit?!

You were Right... soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Berns
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Alright, it's November now. Anyone heard anything?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peel
United Kingdom
Northampton
flag msg tools
I recieved a refund from Boardgamehut and sme excellent customer service from them. I feel for the retailers who took pre-orders on the basis of anticipated supply.

With this and War of the Ring being pushed back its going to be a barren November!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
domus_ludorum wrote:
For reasons best known to Matagot and Esdevium, Matagot's games often seem to have a troubled/delayed passage to the UK - they often appear in EU retailers way before the UK. In addition on this occasion, Matagot seem to have under-produced on the print run.

Yes, there does seem to be a problem here.

Matagot's UK distribution is always late. I wonder why.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RP Standlee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
This is really very delayed now isn't it? The USA and Europe have it, UK seems to have been left behind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Myles Mulroy
United Kingdom
Manchester
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Most recent update, I've seen is on 365games, where they've a date listed as 25th of November (they're evidently sold out to pre-order though).

Please don't let me down, Gameslore!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mb
When Matagot released Kemet at Essen 2012 it didn't appear at retail in the UK until March the following year - copies were however available in Europe from early November just after Essen so I picked one up from Philibertnet.

Unfortunately with Inis there isn't a multi-language edition (probably due to all of the card text) so Philibertnet is not an option this time, although I see that they have the French edition in stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Berns
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Well, just had my preorder cancelled by an OLGS who can't secure enough copies.

Matagot, when you make a game based on Irish mythology, you might want to allocate more copies to places like Ireland and the UK, where most Irish people live.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Kevinine wrote:
Well, just had my preorder cancelled by an OLGS who can't secure enough copies.

Matagot, when you make a game based on Irish mythology, you might want to allocate more copies to places like Ireland and the UK, where most Irish people live.

The allocation is probably very little to do with Matagot and more to do with the distributor Asmodee/Esdevium. The under-production is however down to Matagot - however you can understand their caution, the last 'Works' sale was largely remaindered Matagot titles.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Berns
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
None of us are working with perfect information, but I don't see people commenting on how Esdevium always deliver games late and under-stocked. But I do see people say that about Matagot games in particular.

Also, as a consumer, it reflects badly on Matagot. Under normal circumstances I don't know who distributes the games I buy. I know the store, and I know the publisher on the box.

I know that FFG always print too few copies of the Forsaken Lore expansion for Eldritch Horror to keep up with demand. That sours me on shopping for FFG games. And from my experience trying to buy Inis (my first from Matagot, and one I am very excited about) I am soured on Matagot.

And my preorder was made back in September. Not super early but not very late either...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.