Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Spencer C
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am planning to make a card accordion out of some sturdy stock because our table space is limited.

I know from my experience with R&B that a few "essential" print-offs make everything a lot smoother. So, what would you recommend I print out from the files section before we even play our first game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucien Copus
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have a first edition copy, might be worth printing out the Milestones overview.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Eis
Germany
Dortmund
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically, there are two things which require much table space.

a) the available employee cards and b) the available milestones.

For the employee cards is an accordion your best choice, but I don't know if there is anything to print out for that. Maybe you can find a plastic rack or something from another game or built it yourself out of sturdy paper.

For the milestones the most players use some laminated print-outs of the player aid (of the back where the milestones are) and some dry erase marker to indicate which are gone and which do I have.

The other things stay on the table.

Have fun with your first game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer C
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ogrecrusher wrote:
If you have a first edition copy, might be worth printing out the Milestones overview.

Nope, I think it should be the most recent (5th) printing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer C
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rePhil wrote:

For the employee cards is an accordion your best choice, but I don't know if there is anything to print out for that. Maybe you can find a plastic rack or something from another game or built it yourself out of sturdy paper.

For the milestones the most players use some laminated print-outs of the player aid (of the back where the milestones are) and some dry erase marker to indicate which are gone and which do I have.

The other things stay on the table.

Have fun with your first game!

Thanks! I might have a look at printing out the milestones. Maybe just cross them out for the first game and if I'm convinced it was worth it, look into laminating them for dry-erase.

What about food&drink tracks? I haven't read the rules deeply enough to understand what purpose they serve, but the file seems well received.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Eis
Germany
Dortmund
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see them for the first time, they look great!

In our games we just laid the produced food on the employee cards. If you are playing for the first time, I suggest to do that also - just that everyone can understand where which food comes from in everyones business. If you just move your marker around maybe someone can't follow your production.

When every player gets familiar with the cards you can use these, maybe I print them out for myself, too. BUT: they won't reduce table space
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Drog
United States
Ponte Vedra Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend buying a 4 pack of acoustic tiles on Amazon. It was $6 for four of the tiles. An 1 tile easily holds all the cards as a foamy accordion that is excellent for this game and many others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rePhil wrote:

In the past for some games (Firefly) we have used a couple of business card holders. They are relatively cheap, sturdy and useful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colm McCarthy
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andyl wrote:
rePhil wrote:

In the past for some games (Firefly) we have used a couple of business card holders. They are relatively cheap, sturdy and useful.

I use business card holders too (for Arkham Horror, Descent etc), but I've found that for FCM the accordion is the best way to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goulette
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of the game came with english and german player aids. I just used the german language player aids to make the accordion folded paper. It is already the right length and thick. I just got a scoring tool and folded them a second time on each side.

I use uber stax for the milestones:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/davidpapp/uberstax-a-un...

They are available in a lot of places now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Northcutt
msg tools
mdrog2 wrote:
I would recommend buying a 4 pack of acoustic tiles on Amazon. It was $6 for four of the tiles. An 1 tile easily holds all the cards as a foamy accordion that is excellent for this game and many others.

Does this actually fit in the box, or do you store it separately?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Drog
United States
Ponte Vedra Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mahgeetah wrote:
mdrog2 wrote:

Does this actually fit in the box, or do you store it separately?

I store it seperately. But I use it for almost every game with card stacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We never needed print outs. Accordian for employees would be a good thing. For milestones we just divided them up among players, most experienced player being the one who got the deck 'missing' a few milestones (its easy to remember after a play) then as milestones are achieved you turn in dead ones to go back in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.