$20.00
Recommend
15 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Commands & Colors: Ancients» Forums » News

Subject: Digital edition coming possibly mid-2017 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The latest GMT monthly newsletter mentioned the following:

"We aren't quite ready to release details yet, but look for an announcement over the coming weeks about upcoming digital versions of Commands & Colors Ancients andCommands & Colors Napoleonics! We've found an experienced digital team to license and code those games and contracts are in place. They'll be in charge of release timing, but it's our hope that they'll have the first product to your digital devices during the summer of 2017. More in the upcoming Press Release...."

It was inevitable...
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HANJEL T
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it was...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikolaj Witkowski
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
cannoneer wrote:
The latest GMT monthly newsletter mentioned the following:

"We aren't quite ready to release details yet, but look for an announcement over the coming weeks about upcoming digital versions of Commands & Colors Ancients andCommands & Colors Napoleonics! We've found an experienced digital team to license and code those games and contracts are in place. They'll be in charge of release timing, but it's our hope that they'll have the first product to your digital devices during the summer of 2017. More in the upcoming Press Release...."

It was inevitable...

After Memoir 44 I don't hold my breath... Also, personally I don't get the hype about digital versions. There are many great video games I could play over a digital board game... and if I want to play a board game, it's so much better in its physical form...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
borsook wrote:
cannoneer wrote:
The latest GMT monthly newsletter mentioned the following:

"We aren't quite ready to release details yet, but look for an announcement over the coming weeks about upcoming digital versions of Commands & Colors Ancients andCommands & Colors Napoleonics! We've found an experienced digital team to license and code those games and contracts are in place. They'll be in charge of release timing, but it's our hope that they'll have the first product to your digital devices during the summer of 2017. More in the upcoming Press Release...."

It was inevitable...

After Memoir 44 I don't hold my breath... Also, personally I don't get the hype about digital versions. There are many great video games I could play over a digital board game... and if I want to play a board game, it's so much better in its physical form...


Well, fortunately the existence of this digital boardgame (assuming it gets published) won't make all those video games you like disappear, so win-win!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
as someone who as played CCA, CCN, and numerous other versions of Commands & Colors on VASSAL for years, I'm wondering what the fuss is about.

Been digital since 2009 at least.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not on your ipad.
That's the fuss.

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giulio
Italy
Scandiano
RE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Minedog3 wrote:
as someone who as played CCA, CCN, and numerous other versions of Commands & Colors on VASSAL for years, I'm wondering what the fuss is about.

Been digital since 2009 at least.


I think the interest of many here is the possibility to play against an AI. vassal is great... but finding an opponent is not always immediate.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory Colling
United States
VICTOR
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like the democrates that keep taking my money...YEAH!!! More taxes...er...games to buy!!!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
g1ul10 wrote:
Minedog3 wrote:
as someone who as played CCA, CCN, and numerous other versions of Commands & Colors on VASSAL for years, I'm wondering what the fuss is about.

Been digital since 2009 at least.


I think the interest of many here is the possibility to play against an AI. vassal is great... but finding an opponent is not always immediate.


Not to mention using all the best design concepts from the late 90's Some of us prefer a more modern interface
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw the mention in the newsletter. Once it hits the market, I'm in. There are times you want to break out a game, but don't have the time or opponent available. It also allows you to try different ideas quickly, and practice for when the cardboard hits the table.

Case in point of the benefit: Sentinels of the Multiverse. It's as direct a translation as I've seen and has been invaluable in getting my head around some of the hero decks, and trying new things.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DominiGeek
Dominican Republic
Santo Domingo
D.N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Minedog3 wrote:
as someone who as played CCA, CCN, and numerous other versions of Commands & Colors on VASSAL for years, I'm wondering what the fuss is about.

Been digital since 2009 at least.


I´ve never had the courage to try VASSAL, I´ve only gone so far as to play CC:A on wargameroom a long time ago. Didn´t like the experience.

I prefer to play f2f when possible, but after getting Twilight Struggle on Steam, I don´t think I´ll try any other platform that doesn´t enforce rules.

If CC:A comes to Steam, I´ll buy it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin REEVE
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
borsook wrote:
After Memoir 44 I don't hold my breath...
Are you speaking of the AI quality or of the prospect of actually seeing a digital edition being produced?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonello Piemonte
Germany
munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
Any word on who is the developer?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.