Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What's the best way to sell the entire run of Runebound 2nd on BGG? What's a good price to ask?

I've tried just doing one entry on the main game with a description with the Small World line to sell the whole thing but no one even looks at it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank La Terra
Australia
flag msg tools
The best way is not to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok, what's the second best then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wally Jones
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sell it to me.

As for price......no idea.

It could be very high.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't want to go crazy ebay prices tho. I'm just selling it to make space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should probably run a geeklist auction and sell the items individually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
broggi wrote:
You should probably run a geeklist auction and sell the items individually.

I've never heard of that. Where do I go to do that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Create a geeklist with the items that you want to sell. Add starting bids for the minimum bid that you would consider selling it for, soft reserves for the minimum that would guarantee a sale, or buy-it-now for a set price to sell it immediately. Note, you have to mention that BGG will get their 3% commission in the header. You should also note when it ends, what countries you will ship to, and other pertinent information.

See the geeklist MetaList for GeekList AUCTIONS for other auctions as examples.

Then advertise your auction on the above geeklist. There is also a thread to advertise on (Geeklist Auction Subscription Thread).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should post here if you do set up the auction.

I also recommend splitting up the different items. There aren't going to be many people in the world looking to buy a full collection in one shot, it's pricey and 3rd Ed is out anyway. Individually, existing Runebound fans can fill in their collection, and some one who missed out can grab a reasonable copy of the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Chalfont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There always seems to be some demand for the basegame, especially if you have the etched dice.

You say you have it all but your game list is not complete, lots of what you list are early expansions so there is more demand for them. Assuming you have everything and you just didn't update your list, there are some expansions you really should sell separate.

The promo minis always are in demand. Sell them individually or in a group.

Midnight is usually in demand and price seems to be high due to its rarity -- best to sell this alone. People want the Item/Ally and Challenge decks, but probably only the ones to fill gaps in their collections so you should have no trouble selling these individually. The big boxes should all be sold individually but be warned if you punched out the counters some buyers seem to get annoyed if they don't get all the "gem" counters that came with the expansion, as everyone just mixes them in with the base game and forgets about where they came from.

The adventure variants are probably less in demand. If you just want to get rid of them consider bundling them with the basegame but don't expect them to add much to the selling price.

Only a completionist wants the Character Deck expansions. Either include them for free with the base or sell for next to nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennie
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink,
Did you end up posting a sale anywhere? I live in the Twin Cities, have the base set of Runebound 2nd, and I'm looking to add a few expansions. Can you contact me if you have anything posted yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.