Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There will be a 4th expansion called Armada coming for 7 Wonders. Reactions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is fairly old news Obviously, 7 Wonders fans are likely to be enthusiastic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kostas K.
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I think it has become too bloated even with Babel. Every expansion adds new rules, new modules, new stuff to keep track of and add or take out of decks between sessions, and that's not what I am looking for in a "light" 30-minute game.

Unless it turns out to be awesome enough to make me retire one of the previous expansions, it's a hard pass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon T
Australia
Peakhurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joakim589 wrote:

AernoutMJC wrote:
This is fairly old news

Yeah there's evidence of it being mentioned as far back as 2011 here

I haven't heard whether or not any of the other not-released ideas mentioned in that thread are still planned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
All you need is love :)
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
The only trouble I have with the game is the setup time it needs. Sort out the black and purple cards, shuffle, sort them in again ... if this doesn't become better with Armada, I'll probably pass here (especially, as I disliked the Babel expansion).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
joakim589 wrote:

So is there some news about this out of Essen or what? Since the expansion has been talked about intermittently since 7 Wonders released.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thewagon wrote:
Yeah there's evidence of it being mentioned as far back as 2011 here

I haven't heard whether or not any of the other not-released ideas mentioned in that thread are still planned.

5 years ago, yeah, fairly old news

Among the other ideas, a fourth age would be great.

Armada sounds cool, with ships sailing between players(?).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shader10 wrote:
joakim589 wrote:

So is there some news about this out of Essen or what? Since the expansion has been talked about intermittently since 7 Wonders released.

http://www.geeksundergrace.com/gaming/tabletop/board-game-de...

Bauza states in the interview that Armada is the project he is now consentrated on after finished Pantheon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runcible Spoon
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PzVIE wrote:
The only trouble I have with the game is the setup time it needs.

I found that the broken token organizer is a tremendous help with this.

Check it out:

I know the international shipping might be a bit much but it might be worth considering at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
Total unplayed games in my collection: 7
mbmbmbmbmb
joakim589 wrote:
There will be a 4th expansion…

Amada will technically be the 5th expansion.

1. Leaders
2. Cities
3. Wonder Pack
4. Babel
5. Armada
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lenz Poh
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
7 Wonders has become far too cluttered.. held back by too many things that over complicate things. I would like to see a new version of 7 wonders that are much more streamlined, taking out the hassle and keeping in the fun without ruining the depth.

Sounds like a tough project, but i'll be sure to buy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
weijie_88 wrote:
7 Wonders has become far too cluttered.. held back by too many things that over complicate things. I would like to see a new version of 7 wonders that are much more streamlined, taking out the hassle and keeping in the fun without ruining the depth.

Sounds like a tough project, but i'll be sure to buy it.

Well, Cities and Leaders are really good in my opinion. And the Babel Tower is really neat as well for overall interaction BUT I do dislike the big construction thing since this feels like bloat.

Armada should be similar to Cities expansion by adding a set of cards, but we'll see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewkapish wrote:

I see Wonders as a pack not an expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raithyn
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Runcible Spoon wrote:
PzVIE wrote:

As a cheaper option, I built tuck boxes (one for each age, one for cities & guilds, one for leaders) and put the tokens in bags (one for coins, one for military, one for debt). Setup is significantly faster as a result. Box layouts are available in several styles in the files section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
All you need is love :)
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
raithyn wrote:
Runcible Spoon wrote:
PzVIE wrote:

As a cheaper option, I built tuck boxes (one for each age, one for cities & guilds, one for leaders) and put the tokens in bags (one for coins, one for military, one for debt). Setup is significantly faster as a result. Box layouts are available in several styles in the files section.

It's not the storage, it's the in- and out of the various cards, depending on the # of players, the black and the purple cards. That's slightly tedious.

I've tried a "chaos" variant a couple of times where I just kept all cards in the decks, without removing any; tested it a couple of times, mostly with 4 players. 70% of the time this works fine, but sometimes, the game becomes a little odd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
Total unplayed games in my collection: 7
mbmbmbmbmb
joakim589 wrote:
andrewkapish wrote:
I see Wonders as a pack not an expansion.
Sure, it's just something you buy to add variety to the base game …which is required to play …doesn't sound like an expansion at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewkapish wrote:
…doesn't sound like an expansion at all.

That is correct. The same way as the Art Pack isn't an expansion.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameaccessory/173357/7-wonder...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
joakim589 wrote:
andrewkapish wrote:
…doesn't sound like an expansion at all.

That is correct. The same way as the Art Pack isn't an expansion.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameaccessory/173357/7-wonder...

I disagree.
The art pack simply provides an alternate art to existing components, and thus is listed under "accessories": https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/68448/7-wonders/linkedit...

7 Wonders: Wonder Pack expands the wonder selection with other 4, new options that you cannot play otherwise. And that's the reason why it is listed under "expansions": https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/68448/7-wonders/expansio...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I divide the releases for 7 Wonders in Promos, Packs and Expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Albano
United States
Bloomfield
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the good thing about expansions is that you don't have to play with them all at the same time.

Sometimes I feel like vanilla. Sometimes I'll add Cities. Sometimes Leaders. Sometimes both! Maybe just Babel. Maybe all of them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kostool13 wrote:
Personally I think it has become too bloated even with Babel. Every expansion adds new rules, new modules, new stuff to keep track of and add or take out of decks between sessions, and that's not what I am looking for in a "light" 30-minute game.

Unless it turns out to be awesome enough to make me retire one of the previous expansions, it's a hard pass.
hmm, sounds like you'd be better off skipping 7W completely and opting for Sushi Go Party or Fairy Tale instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
raithyn wrote:
Runcible Spoon wrote:
PzVIE wrote:

Have you considered separating them out by player count? One person did this with his copy, and setup's a breeze... 5p, grab the main, 4+, and 5+ cards. Somebody just walked in? Grab the 6+ too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Merritt
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, setup time for 7 Wonders is nothing at all, just grabbing a few cards and shuffling. It's the breakdown time that's annoying as you go through all the cards and sort them out. Unless you don't separate everything out at the end of the game and have to do it the next time you play. In that case, yeah, the setup time would suck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
COMaestro wrote:
Yeah, setup time for 7 Wonders is nothing at all, just grabbing a few cards and shuffling. It's the breakdown time that's annoying as you go through all the cards and sort them out. Unless you don't separate everything out at the end of the game and have to do it the next time you play. In that case, yeah, the setup time would suck.
Hopefully, folks should be offering to sort the cards after the game. If all they did was throw them back in the box, then that's something I could've done on my own.

I'm OK with some situations where somebody was in a time crunch and needed to take off, or the venue's closing and we really need to leave NOW, so if it were my copy, I'd be fine with tossing it in and sorting it out later. If not, then for the next game, that group will need to factor in extra time for set up is all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Erkkilä
Finland
flag msg tools
I don't understand French, but is this the real deal?

https://youtu.be/piOE_XmKjAI
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.