Hide
25 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Community » BoardGameGeek Community

Subject: Your first microbadge. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Copy Imitator
msg tools
Goats are like mushrooms, if you shoot a duck I'm scared of toasters.
mbmbmbmbmb
After much consideration I just bought this shiny microbadge. I got most of the by geekmodding and when I finally saved up enough I was torn about which microbadge to get, there are soooo many to choose from.
Do I choose one from my favorite boardgame? It's BGG after all. Maybe one of my favorite cartoon or tv-show.

In the end I decided on The Rocky Horror Picture Show because that movie changed my life. It was so different from anything else I had seen. I have always been the odd one out in almost any occasion but seeing a movie that absolutly no one else around me even liked made me wonder. Was there something wrong with me for liking that movie? Or was there something wrong with the rest of the world? After much thinking I decided that a) The Rocky Horror Picture Show is awesome and b) I'm awesome for liking it.

RHPS is my go-to movie if the subject of 'which movie to watch' ever comes up and I'm lucky to have found a girl that likes it probably a little less then me, but makes no objection when I ask her to watch it 3-4 times per year. And that makes it well deserving of my first microbadge.

So what's the first microbadge you bought. Not given or won, bought. And why did you choose that badge?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Stantz
Australia
Central Coast
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my first microbadges was for Race for the Galaxy but after 10 or so plays I found out that I hated the game and deleted the microbadge.

I still hate that game and would rather punch myself in the face than play it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron F
United States
Matthews
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Move along nothing to see here. This is not the text you were looking for,
badge
I love scotch. Scotchy scotch scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly.
mbmbmbmbmb
My first was mb. I think she was giving me a hard time as my collection was really starting to grow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
mbmb
mb

I had just found out about microbadges then and scrolled around a bit and there it was, RINGO!

Since then I became a tiny bit obsessed with these awesome artwork-creations.
I'm very selective though, also delete them when they "don't fit" anymore.
I request them when I want one which doesn't exist.
I change lineup frequently, always "themed".
Often I like to display just one, as a stronger statement, if you will.
Also I really love silly stuff. I think my silly-themed microbadge lineups are the best.
I think microbadges are the best thing here except the geeks itself.
Finally I love to give geekgold to geeks so that they can buy microbadges.

Did I make myself clear?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
mb

A symbol for my faith. I don't exactly follow the Asatru, but it was the closest badge representing it. Others then followed, of course, but this was the first picked up. I imagine it was because I wanted to say something specific about myself that wasn't at the same time too personal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Druckenmiller
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
Goalie Extraordinaire
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, actually just today I saw someone had a Cubs microbadge, and thought, wait there are sports microbadges? So I instantly bought a NJ Devils one. I also bought an Alchemists one today since it's my favorite game that I own, and I had no real other use for the extra GG that I had at the time. Still have some GG left over for tips though. I'll probably just have these 3 until next year support gets me more.

My next one is most likely going to be a NY Mets one, but I couldn't jump on that now because well, because screw the SF Giants!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
When asking "What would Jesus do?", remember that flipping over tables and using a whip are within the realm of possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
mb

I bought it back in 2008, when a microbadge cost 15 to get.

Anyone else remember those days?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Count
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My first microbadge was mb.

I totally forgot until this thread and had to look it up.

I'm very glad it was my first microbadge, since I have many tastes that are similar to those in BGG, but a minority in others. I like new games, old games, wargames, and classic historical games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only just discovered microbadges.
I started saving up for them by going into one of Roll The Dice competitions. When I nearly had enough for my first, I commented that was my plan. two very generous geeks,
Aaron F
United States
Matthews
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Move along nothing to see here. This is not the text you were looking for,
badge
I love scotch. Scotchy scotch scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly.
mbmbmbmbmb
and
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
When asking "What would Jesus do?", remember that flipping over tables and using a whip are within the realm of possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
gave me enough to buy three. So now I sport one for Arboretum, the game that demonstrated to me what a "boardgame" could be; A Studio Ghibli, because life is so much poorer without them; and "I have chickens" because, well I do. Eggs for breakfast most days

My next will probably reference Terry Pratchett in some way. I haven't come across any yet. But I am certain they are there. Oh and my illustrious relative Fitzwilliam will get a look in too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Betty Boop
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My first microbadge was mb because that is what is most important to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Re: Your first microbadge of two.
Yeah! Where is this for 'moi' and WHOSE 'got' the smaller version 'depicting' this? sans *bling-bling* whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Shevalier
Canada
Orillia
Ontario
flag msg tools
"Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing." -Henry David Thoreau
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never had the GG to buy one, but when I do my first one will definitely be mb. Until then I'm happy to sport my Secret Santa badge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shevalier wrote:
I've never had the GG to buy one, but when I do my first one will definitely be mb. Until then I'm happy to sport my Secret Santa badge.

You do now. Go buy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Shevalier
Canada
Orillia
Ontario
flag msg tools
"Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing." -Henry David Thoreau
mbmbmbmbmb
Jrtolf wrote:
Shevalier wrote:

You do now. Go buy it.

Thanks so much for that gift. I can now officially say my first badge was mb!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your story inspired me to purchase the Rocky Horror Picture Show badge. My wife and I watch it every Halloween.

The very first badge I bought over 5 and a half years ago was mb. I wanted to buy microbadges for every game in my collection, and that was the first one I bought as soon as I saved up enough for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb
I think my first was mb because I hadn't found threads other than those relating to information on the board games I played at the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
I wish I could play more games.
badge
Collecting games is not playing games.
mbmbmbmbmb
Shevalier wrote:

But what will your second be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten
Germany
Schkeuditz
Sachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought two badges at nearly the same time (2014-12-01):
mb I always played with red until I found a new gaming group recently. In this group red is very popular and always taken. It's a bit confusing after years of playing with the same colour.
This badge also reminds me of the red tokens of Power Grid, one of my all time favourite games.
mb I really like reading rules. Sometimes for games I do not plan to play ever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Shevalier
Canada
Orillia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IMCarnochan wrote:
Shevalier wrote:

But what will your second be?

Oh man, thanks so much! I appreciate that. I decided on mb for my second.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
I wish I could play more games.
badge
Collecting games is not playing games.
mbmbmbmbmb
Good call!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan
Russia
Ekaterinburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Yuri Gagarin - first human in space.

Because his spaceflight was milestone event in global history.
And because Yuri Gagarin himself was clever, kind and modest man.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nadja M.-S.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My firstS were "cooperative games fan", "essen attende" and "I beg my lover to play boardgames". I bought them all in 2 minutes...don´t know which was the first anymore...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavi
Spain
Banyoles
Girona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Secret Santa 2016

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Copy Imitator
msg tools
Goats are like mushrooms, if you shoot a duck I'm scared of toasters.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bracima wrote:
The Secret Santa 2016

that one was given too you by BGG, go buy yourself one and explain why you chose that one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
guy
Wallis and Futuna
Grand Bois Du Nord
msg tools
mb

I decided my badges will be for things I've done on this site. So my first badge is for "24-hour contest participant."

<--------- Plus I put my badges at the bottom, rather than under my name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.