Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I help designers improve their games.
badge
Feed me...games...
mbmbmbmbmb
As part of my research, I'm trying to model how certain near future technologies might alter conflict outcomes in ways other than raw combat ability. So, I'm looking for some wargames/conflict games that realistically model non-combat aspects of modern warfare -- specifically morale, logistics, and communication. I'm looking for more than just a combat/CRT modifier from poor morale/supplies, but something richer that captures what it is like to manage troops/units that are not in perfect condition and/or respond to an adversary who is better than you in one or more of those aspects. It also needs to be modern (e.g. last 10 years or speculative near-term future). I'm trying to avoid looking at individual squad level, and focusing instead on higher echelon views.

Suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Sterckx
Belgium
Vilvoorde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Souds like a good question to pose in the wargame forum

http://boardgamegeek.com/forum/743498/wargames/general
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Debije
Netherlands
Eindhoven
The Netherlands
flag msg tools
Not perfect, and squad level, but Fields of Fire models communication, morale and, in a way, small scale logistics, I guess (as in, how do I get stuff to those guys pinned down and out of communication). It has scenarios for Vietnam, so maybe too long ago? (Great to think Vietnam as too long ago).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.