Subject: Supply and Leadership resource questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I doubt it.
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I don't owe you my trust. You owe me your proof.
badge
This is my incredulous face.
mbmbmb
I may have overlooked the text in the rulebook where these are explained, but I have a few questions about acquiring/spending Supply and Leadership points. If anyone has any clarifications, I'd greatly appreciate your insight.

1) The values on the SUP/LD dice define how much of each resource you're able to spend on a given turn, right? So one could reasonably use a pool of tokens to represent these resources, discarding them when they're spent?

2) When spending SUP to gain LD, do the dice change values? Or is that a temporary exchange?

3) Assuming the SUP/LD die values are your budget for each turn, at what point does your supply refill to the numbers on the die?

4) Related to 3, is the value on the die what you gain each turn and add to what was left from the previous turn, or is it the cap on what you can spend each turn and your reserve just refills each turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mus Rattus
msg tools
As I understand it, the Supply and Leadership dice do not represent any kind of "rate" or amount of resources per turn. They simply represent the resources you have at that moment.

1) Yes

2) Why would it be temporary? You may spend 2 Supply to gain 1 Leadership. You spend the resources, so the dice would change values.

3) In step 4, the Resource phase, after checking your hand size against the minimum hand size, you may choose to roll your resource dice. The new result will be your resources for last turn. You may not choose to roll one dice, you must roll both. If you roll a 1 for Leadership, you immediately draw a card.

4) You don't gain resources each turn and your reserve does not refill each turn. You have the amount that's on the dice, you spend it and it goes down, at the end of your turn you may roll the dice and that will be your new values.

Anyways, that's as I understand from reading the rulebook. Have yet to get this game played, so I can't say from experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I doubt it.
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I don't owe you my trust. You owe me your proof.
badge
This is my incredulous face.
mbmbmb
Thanks for your reply. After rereading the resource rules with your answers in mind, I think you're right on how the resources work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.