Popular Tags: [View All]
Lem Tohver
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
An annual convention in southern Ontario which is easily accessible to those in northern New York State.

Please visit our website for full convention details:

http://www.niagaraboardgaming.com

This year, we have something new, a FACEBOOK page, where you can organized meet-ups and arrange for face to face gaming at the convention. Sign up, get the latest news, start organizing your time at the con!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1722555584697547/

Of special interest the additional has been added to the con:

1. War Room

We all remember the early days of NBW, when it was virtually a wargaming con, with little to none of the Euro titles that are so prevalent in our hobby today. Art, Lem and I haven't forgotten the "Good Old Days" and to that end, we've secure a new space in the west wing of the hotel. The War Room is a hall primarily devoted to the play of wargames that require either a significant amount of space, time or number of players in order to be fully enjoyed.

The War Room will be open from Friday at 6pm until Sunday 6pm. We'll have plenty to tables and chairs for you to set up your games and, more importantly, to leave them out so they can be played until completion rather than having to pack them up early due to lack of space as has been the case in the main hall last year. While you're absolutely welcome to continue to play in the main ballroom, we believe this new room will allow us to continue NBW's long tradition of wargaming.

We look forward to seeing all those monster games that NBW Grognards are just itchin' to get onto the table http://talk.consimworld.com/Images/e/cool.gif

2. Bring n Buddy

Now, any Con worth its salt grows by word of mouth and we couldn't be where we are today without the unsung efforts of our attendees, spreading the NBW gospel to as many folks as they can. From humble beginnings of under thirty attendees, we are rapidly approaching 200.

We want to say thanks to those folks who not only spend the weekend with us but also do a lot of the "heavy lifting" in getting more folks to attend. As an appreciation for those efforts, we are doing the following;

If you register for a "3 Day" or "Full Event" pass and bring FIRST TIME FRIENDS (they have not attended in 2015 or 2016 and limited to 3 friends) and they ALSO get the "3 Day" or "Full Event" passes, the FIRST ONE friend will refund you $5. The SECOND ONE will refund you $5 more. The THIRD one will refund you $20 more. Meaning if you bring 3 new attendees for the weekend or whole event... you save $30 yourself. In order to qualify for the BRING A BUDDY, you MUST add all the passes into your cart now and checkout together in one order. Once the attendees are verified new, you will get a refund issued to your order for the amount earned from the BUDDY DISCOUNT.

Hope to see you there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Pleased to announce that Phoenix Rising Games will return as our on site Game Vendor for NBW.

Also returning is the highly popular Bring & Buy auction where you can get awesome deals on new and used games being sold by attendees of the Con. The Bring& Buy will run on Saturday only so please come early to get your games registered before it starts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wednesday night gaming is back for those attendees who want to get started a bit earlier. Long Time NBW attendee Rob Leveille will be hosting up to 40 gamers n/c at his event space, The Crux.

Please check our website for more details about this great pre-NBW event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Paton
Canada
St. Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Crux is a great place to play boardgames, my wife and I try and go every Sunday. And we're super excited for January to roll around so we can go to NBW! I think it's our favourite convention of the year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Combat Commander, Up Front, Breakout Normandy, Fields of Fire! The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzy┼╝ Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm there again this year. Great con.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnpatrick Marr
United States
Buffalo
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Do you remember if anyone's done a no-ship math trade to coincide with NBW in year's past?

NBW is great, btw, for anyone looking through this thread who hasn't attended; very easy to find a game, low-cost (but not sketchy) hotel and good food options within reasonable walking distance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Combat Commander, Up Front, Breakout Normandy, Fields of Fire! The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzy┼╝ Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
lyran wrote:
Wednesday night gaming is back for those attendees who want to get started a bit earlier. Long Time NBW attendee Rob Leveille will be hosting up to 40 gamers n/c at his event space, The Crux.

Please check our website for more details about this great pre-NBW event.

Excellent news. I'll be there by late Wednesday afternoon settling in and try to get out to that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Very Happy to announce that Marc Rodrigue will be bringing a playtest copy of his new game, Bayonets & Tomahawks, to NBW! T&B has recently made the cut on GMT's P500 list so we are very lucky for the chance to get a early peak at this upcoming title! Come visit Marc at the NBW War Room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
niftykracker wrote:
Do you remember if anyone's done a no-ship math trade to coincide with NBW in year's past?

NBW is great, btw, for anyone looking through this thread who hasn't attended; very easy to find a game, low-cost (but not sketchy) hotel and good food options within reasonable walking distance!

Sorry but no Math Trade is being held at NBW. It was tried but folks didnt seem receptive to it with a relatively low participation rate. The Bring N Buy, however continues to be very popular and has become a staple at NBW.

Just 8 more sleeps to go - looking forward to seeing everyone next week! Dont forget that on Wednesday night, The Crux Cafe will be holding a pre-NBW evening of gaming. Check our website for more details and special offers to NBW participants from The Crux!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there, arriving around noon on Thursday. I'm bringing the euro heavy-hitters.

Anyone interested in playing or learning any of the following, send a message or find me at the convention. I'll be the one looking for more players for Panamax, my new favourite.

Panamax
Terraforming Mars
Great Western Trail
Power Grid
Strasbourg
Terra Mystica
Nations
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Pearce
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just heard from Bob Stribula that he'll be bringing the new Crayon Rail variant he's been working on to playtest, Hibernian Rails.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John R
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
Pustulant Donkey
badge
Canadian Ghost
mbmbmbmbmb

I thought I would mention I have a geeklist auction ending on Tuesday, January 17 with free delivery to the convention.

US/CAN Auction with Niagara Boardgaming Weekend or local Toronto pickup - ends Tue, Jan 17
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey Glen & John,

Great to read. May I suggest you also post these items in the NBW Facebook page? Im sure others might like to know about them

Thanks
Dave B
NBW Co-Organizer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John R
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
Pustulant Donkey
badge
Canadian Ghost
mbmbmbmbmb
lyran wrote:
Hey Glen & John,

Great to read. May I suggest you also post these items in the NBW Facebook page? Im sure others might like to know about them

Thanks
Dave B
NBW Co-Organizer

Will do! Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone has the game Chinatown to sell or trade, let me know. I am on the lookout for negotiation games again.

I don't use Facebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dauphin
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools

Hoping to find players for some of the more obscure ones.
Any interest in;
Airforce
Wooden Ships & Iron Men
Battlefleet Mars
New World or Conquistador
Flintlock
Midway
National Pro Hockey
Starship Troopers
?

How about Republic of Rome?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So this may be a somewhat unusual request, but I have collected several somewhat involved games that I haven't yet had a chance to learn how to play. If I provide the game, would anybody be interested in running a learning game for any of these titles?

Agricola
Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game
Civilization
Cuba Libre
Diplomacy
Forbidden Stars
Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game (w/ expansions)
Space Empires: 4X

I have cross-posted this on the Facebook group, so it may look suspiciously familiar if you already saw it there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dauphin
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools

I could help you with Diplomacy or Civilization.
Diplomacy needs 6 or 7. Civ is best with 5 or more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there someone I can contact regarding something I bought from the bring and buy?

I bought a game and it is missing two major components despite being labelled as "complete". I wouldn't mind so much except I paid virtually full retail price! I'd like to contact the seller for an explanation or possibly to recover the components.

Edit: I sent a message through the NBW email form.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Pleased to announce we've set our dates for next year; Jan 18 to 21, 2018!

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.