7 Posts

Battlecars» Forums » General

Subject: Anyone still playing? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T S
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wondering if anyone is still playing this out there?

just about to get it having lost my original to a flood back in the late 80's and really excited - time to start building a resource library for it as well I think as there seem to be a few bits around
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boardgame
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Battlecars was my first hobby boardgame, bought at Manchester Games Workshop (as I recall, I wanted to get Car Wars but they only had the expansions in stock). For the first time in twenty years or more, I dug out my copy to play recently with my son (aged 8) and my wife and we had a blast. Of course they both ganged up on me and rocketed/rammed me to pieces in no time. I think it stands up really well today, though those little red counters soon mount up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely love it! IMHO there's nothing to touch the physics and handling this game offers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Sedgwick
United Kingdom
Chislehurst
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's still a good game, the only thing it lacked was a car design. Battlebikes was a really fun expansion. I remember playing Dark Future when it came out and found it very slow in comparison. There was something about building claustrophobic arenas that really focused the battle compared to road tracks of DF. I've had it for 30yrs and I'm sure be with me for 30 more!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Have it (and Dark Future for that matter) but have yet to play! Thanks for the reminder!

~Will
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T S
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know if there is a reason the rules and other resources available online havent been uploaded here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boardgame
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The reason is probably Games Workshop - there was a period on BGG when pretty much nothing was being loaded to GW game pages following the Great C+D Scare of Oh-Nine (or whenever it was).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.