8 Posts

Escape: The Curse of the Temple» Forums » Rules

Subject: any idea how to do this? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jamie scott
msg tools
Hi,
I love the game,and play on solo mode, but being disabled and having a poor grip, I just cannot throw and pick up the dice quick enough.
Is there anyone who knows or could work out a way to play the game solo without the timer?
Perhaps using the deck a timer or some other way?
Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Two options, either dont roll dice but rather use an app or something to roll for you so you can just tap

Or possibly use a limited amounts of rerolls overall?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Forget the timer all together maybe. Try challenging yourself to do it in as few dice rolls as possible. That's essentially what you're doing against the timer in a way.

Figure at 1/3 of the way through the stack of tiles, you need to go back to the entrance. At 2/3's of the way through the stack you have to go back again. After that, get out.

If you could come up with an easy way to track your dice rolls (like on a phone or something), you could just challenge yourself to do it fewer dice rolls each time you play.

Another way to try to do it, is see if there is something that could do the dice rolls on a cell phone or tablet so you wouldn't have to roll the dice, but that might be harder to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another approach would be to just time yourself and don't worry about how long it takes. At 1/3 of the way through the stack go back to the entrance, and at 2/3's of the way through the stack go back to the entrance again. Each time record how long it took you to complete it. Try to beat your best time.

Use your phone or something else to time yourself on how long it takes you each time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gotteri
United Kingdom
CHESTERFIELD
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Simply timing yourself as stated above is probably the best option, as you're effectively trying to beat your own best time.
Either that, or adjust the time according to your circumstances - 15 minutes?
20 minutes?
i'd be happy to timestretch the soundtrack file to these times for you?
Just message me on here if you want to try that.

David :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Extending the timetrack sounds like a good idea.

Could you use some sort of "dice popper"? I know there was a KS a while ago for one, like the old Pop-O-Matic trouble, except you could put whatever dice you waned in it.

Would using a dice cup help?

For playing based on number of rolls rather than time, what about getting an app score tracker where you can just click to add a 'point'. Then, every time you roll just click the tracker.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jamie scott
msg tools
Thanks guys for your quick replies.
I'm a newbie to boardgames, and now I have more time on my hands I'm trying out more and more of them.
I can roll the dice ok but gathering up the dice quickly was the problem.
On the 2nd game with friends I drew the curse card where you had to hold one hand against your head. Cracked us up, like I needed another handicap
Anway thanks for all your suggestions, I will definitley look into everything you've suggested.
thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Albano
United States
Bloomfield
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are ways to play soundtracks at 1.5 slower speed.

But also, maybe just make the game "easier" to play. Just try and get 6 gems or something else like that?

I don't know what you're looking for. I play this game for many reasons, but I love its intensity the most. And that comes from the short time span.

So for me, if I was having difficulty rolling dice, I think lowering the gem count would still keep the time a huge factor, but not forcing me to reroll often and often. (Again, that depends on what exactly you're looking for from this experience.)

Also, maybe just give yourself an extra die or two? It does make it easier, but depending on what exactly your disability is, might just put you on a more equal level to the average player.

BUT!!! If the timer is your biggest problem, I don't know. >>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.