Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Schmitz
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I just saw this on Kickstarter (it's a bad habit of mine), and I am really interested in this. It seems at first glance, just by skimming the rules that is is kind of like a Grizzled meets Dead of Winter meets Can't Stop. Anyone have any experience with this game or any thoughts? For $15 shipped, it seems well worth it. I also love the art. I think it is fantastic and adds a lot to the game.

My only concern is that there are only 4 scenarios and that it may get repetitive. I don't know that it is that big of a deal because this seems like a non-complex filler game when you want something like Dead of Winter, but only have limited time, or perhaps have gamers that aren't into heavier games.

I'm interested to hear any other thoughts on this. I went ahead and backed it, because again, for $15... I've spent more on a trip to Starbucks or McDonalds with my wife and kids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomáš Bachtík
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. Hope you don't mind a quick reply from the game designer

We created the game with just 1 Scenario. It was a regular card game with quite a few interlocking mechanics with enough variable parts to make sure the game is highly replayable. And then we realized that thanks to its incredible modularity, we can create really unique scenarios to fit different gaming groups (coop, versus, semicoop)

So I believe (and testers agree so far) that even with 1 scenario, the game should have enough of replayability. Especially thanks to the importance and freedom of player interaction and unique combination of Afflictions and Areas.

Hope it helps somehow and if you'd like to ask me more, feel free to.
Thanks for your trust.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Schmitz
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, thanks for the quick response! That's good to hear about the replayability. I'm in just based on the aesthetics of the game. I love the look and the concept.

Are you planning any gameplay videos to be released?

Again, thanks a lot for the reply!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Herrald
msg tools
I'm surprised it's not doing better than it is. Cheap, looks interesting and some nice artwork. I for one hope it gets funded
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomáš Bachtík
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to help and thanks for your support guys.

Leedguitar wrote:
Are you planning any gameplay videos to be released?

As for the gameplay video, I'm sadly not sure we'll be able to do it, as with all the explanation we think would be necessary (because we don't want you to just watch something you don't fully understand) the video would be really long and very difficult for us to shoot.

We're also a bunch of crazy perfectionists and that doesn't help either.
However, we're investigating the possibility of making a PnP this week, so that could theoretically help with the issue of not being 100% sure how the gameplay looks like. I will also talk about the details of the gameplay in the future updates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmb
Hey there,

Shame on me, I just quickly glanced at the solo gameplay video, without sound.

It looks like you're going through area cards, which reminds me of Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game and The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game. How does this compare to these two games?

I have to agree that unique artwork + low price + $4 shipping for France? Really? Wow. = why shouldn't I back this? (answer: I have too many games already). So what really sets this apart when I already have the Oniverse games, Hostage Negotiator, and games I could play solo, and know of the other two games I mentioned earlier? Modular gameplay is not enough. I have Hero Realms coming for that

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Zipprich
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ricky Royal put up a preview on YouTube.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomáš Bachtík
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Razoupaf,

out of the games you named, I have personally played only The Lord of the Rings, even though I have a basic overview about the other games.

Now, for the first comparison you asked - our areas are much simpler than these. They state how much food you need to eat this round not to starve and they complement this number with a passive effect to balance the cost. This makes every round unique, while maintaining the general goal of obtaining cards as you always need to adjust your tactics to the area you are in.

I'm glad you like the price and totally understand the problem of having too many similar games. What sets us apart?

1) Competitive and Individual Scenarios. In the individual scenario, you are all trying to survive on your own, sometimes helping each other for a promise of food, sometimes preventing others from taking the food you need. Any number of players can win, including no one and all players (which is quite rare as resources are scarce)

2) Interesting twist on push-your luck. While the cards are here to mitigate the luck, keep in mind that any played card was a card you didn't eat. So calculate your best/worst case scenarios carefully.

3) The Afflictions you gather throughout the game change your behaviour and priorities quite a lot. As well as those of your fellow players.

P.S. You might really like a little analysis of the game, made by one of our backers - http://epicslant.com/2016/10/godforsaken-scavengers-on-kicks...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmb
wintomee wrote:
Hi Razoupaf,

out of the games you named, I have personally played only The Lord of the Rings, even though I have a basic overview about the other games.

Now, for the first comparison you asked - our areas are much simpler than these. They state how much food you need to eat this round not to starve and they complement this number with a passive effect to balance the cost. This makes every round unique, while maintaining the general goal of obtaining cards as you always need to adjust your tactics to the area you are in.

I'm glad you like the price and totally understand the problem of having too many similar games. What sets us apart?

1) Competitive and Individual Scenarios. In the individual scenario, you are all trying to survive on your own, sometimes helping each other for a promise of food, sometimes preventing others from taking the food you need. Any number of players can win, including no one and all players (which is quite rare as resources are scarce)

2) Interesting twist on push-your luck. While the cards are here to mitigate the luck, keep in mind that any played card was a card you didn't eat. So calculate your best/worst case scenarios carefully.

3) The Afflictions you gather throughout the game change your behaviour and priorities quite a lot. As well as those of your fellow players.

P.S. You might really like a little analysis of the game, made by one of our backers - http://epicslant.com/2016/10/godforsaken-scavengers-on-kicks...

Thanks. I've read the article and the rules. Low pricepoint and amazing artwork make it worth a try, so... I'm in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fido
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hah! i hadn't read the review on Epicslant (didn't know the site, thx) but also compared it to Dead of Winter..
This game needs more attention because damn, i want to reach that last Stretch goal

After seeing the Ricky video i'm convinced this game is a succes formula! I don't own Space Hulk or LOTR so for me it'll fill up a niche pretty nicely, regardless of any similarities between those games and i really REALLY like the artwork i've seen so far!

I'm most def backing this game..the only downside i see, and don't really understand, is that it'll be shipped out in June 2017??
That's a very long wait for what seems to be quite simple to produce?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomáš Bachtík
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks fido!
As for the delivery date, there are several reasons:

• We're not a big company and don't have a publisher who will print the game no matter how successful the Kickstarter is - I guess this is the case with quite a few projects now.
• We want to have a space to incorporate backers feedback. I know many other Kickstarter projects don't really bother with this, but the community mean a lot to us and we want to finish the game with them.
• There is some reserve to every stage that follows up. We want to surprise people with an earlier delivery rather than miss the date.
• We're just 3 people working their jobs and with all the T-shirts, posters, metal boxes... it takes time. Did I mention we're perfectionists?

The timeline itself is following:
Finishing print files: 2-3 months
Print: 4-8 weeks
Shipping: 2-4 weeks
Delivery: 1-4 weeks
Reserve: 3 weeks

Does that sound somewhat more reasonable now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fido
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
i had already backed it this morning so i'm glad it does sound reasonable

Looking forward to trying this game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean stockton
msg tools
mbmb
I've been watching it from Day 1, and I'm sorry but I did wait for it to be 100% funded (which I don't normally due, but only because of backing so many other things lately...)

I've been very excited about the whole package here, I LOVE the stark, simplistic artwork that still carries a ton of feel. I really enjoy the ease of play, and variable modes...again, the whole deal. I'm super happy that this was successful, and I tihnk you guys have created something really good here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean stockton
msg tools
mbmb
I backed the project as soon as I found it, which was about halfway through. I'm quite glad it was successful, and I'm very pleased with the look and playability I see. I can't wait for delivery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.