Subject: no (more) abbey and village center rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pieter Van Hoecke
Belgium
Hulshout
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's probably a matter of a poor play, but if you don't have a building action available (available on the abbey and village center) then it isn't possible anymore to build any more buildings, right?

Additionaly, if I prevent the opponents to destroy my village center by building another building on that spot, it should be the abbey. But the abbey has a very weak defense (2 points) so it might be destroyed before I could use the building action on the abbey... that feels to me as player elimination. Or do I miss here something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BALAY Alain
France
Toulouse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
no you are right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ErethAkbe
Argentina
Bariloche
Rio Negro
flag msg tools
mbmb
As a corolary: If i build another building over a damaged one (with 2 or 3 oponent's meeples on), do they get those points? or do they get their meeples back?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Somebody
msg tools
mbmb
"If the old Building had Defense spaces occupied by opponent Meeples, those are immediately transformed into Victory points by being placed in the matching players Reputation Mountain." (P11)

So yes, if you build another building over a damaged one, the opponent's meeples standing on it get turned into victory points.

This leads to to another question. Let's say you used conversion several times to turn all three of you opponent's meeples which were standing on your Spooks Brotherhood (for example) into your own meeples and then another player came along and attacked that building leading to its destruction, do you get three victory points (since three of your meeples where standing on that building) or do you not get any? I'd say that you don't get any because the rules say "spaces occupied by OPPONENT Meeples...are immediately transformed into Victory points". But I'm not sure. What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ErethAkbe
Argentina
Bariloche
Rio Negro
flag msg tools
mbmb
Mr Business wrote:
"If the old Building had Defense spaces occupied by opponent Meeples, those are immediately transformed into Victory points by being placed in the matching players Reputation Mountain." (P11)

So yes, if you build another building over a damaged one, the opponent's meeples standing on it get turned into victory points.

This leads to to another question. Let's say you used conversion several times to turn all three of you opponent's meeples which were standing on your Spooks Brotherhood (for example) into your own meeples and then another player came along and attacked that building leading to its destruction, do you get three victory points (since three of your meeples where standing on that building) or do you not get any? I'd say that you don't get any because the rules say "spaces occupied by OPPONENT Meeples...are immediately transformed into Victory points". But I'm not sure. What do you think?

i would guess it would make points your own meeples too (if not, i guess i would house rule it to work like that!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Somebody
msg tools
mbmb
But if you can score Victory points that way, then the catapult's building destroying ability would amount to nothing since it would give free Victory points to your enemy and give you NONE in exchange.
Let me explain what I mean:
Let's say someone attacked one of your buildings with three health placing one of their meeples on your building. As soon as you get the chance you use your abbey in order to convert that meeple to one of your own meeples. Then - immediately - you destroy that building and build another one on top of it, scoring one victory point...
You see? I'd love to add the rule that you even score Victory points during the destruction of one of your own buildings if you have one or more of your meeples on it, but that would destroy the game rendering the second ability of the catapult not only useful but harmful for its user. If I'm missing something let me know, but I really can't see how this is supposed to work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Somebody
msg tools
mbmb
Well, does truly nobody know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.