11 Posts

C.O.G.» Forums » General

Subject: Kickstarter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Rudolph
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will there be anything that will be exclusive to Kickstarter backers, or will the retail version include everything that is in the Kickstarter version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Finn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Putzmanrudy1 wrote:
Will there be anything that will be exclusive to Kickstarter backers, or will the retail version include everything that is in the Kickstarter version?

The retail version will be the same. Thanks for asking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chee Peng Ang
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's worth supporting the kickstarter for two main reasons:

1. If it's not funded, there may be no retail version.
2. The retail version may not be easily available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Finn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
angatheart wrote:

And

3. It is less expensive during Kickstarter campaigns since my games are not distributed. C.O.G. will not be available, for example, at Cool Stuff. and I do not sell my games for less other than during Kickstarter campaigns and rare holiday sales. (or when the game gets a year or two old)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo De Luca
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drfinn wrote:
angatheart wrote:

And

3. It is less expensive during Kickstarter campaigns since my games are not distributed. C.O.G. will not be available, for example, at Cool Stuff. and I do not sell my games for less other than during Kickstarter campaigns and rare holiday sales. (or when the game gets a year or two old)

4. Of course, you get the game before it's available for purchase.
5. I'm not sure if this is still a thing, but with other Kickstarters you also became a member of Dr. Finn's Games Kickstarter Club: Benefits of club membership include special sale prices on other Dr. Finn's Games, inclusion on Dr. Finn's "Hall of Fame", and access to special promotional items.

To expand a bit on #1, I know it might not be immediately evident and your wallet might not care (but for wallet caring, see point #3 above), but Dr. Finn's Games is not Asmodée nor Hasbro so Steve actually does need support during the campaigns for the games to happen. I don't know if you played any of his other games, but if C.O.G. is anything like them, it would be sad if this game never sees the light because it didn't get enough funding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Finn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
leo_rockway wrote:
drfinn wrote:
angatheart wrote:

And

4. Of course, you get the game before it's available for purchase.
5. I'm not sure if this is still a thing, but with other Kickstarters you also became a member of Dr. Finn's Games Kickstarter Club: Benefits of club membership include special sale prices on other Dr. Finn's Games, inclusion on Dr. Finn's "Hall of Fame", and access to special promotional items.

To expand a bit on #1, I know it might not be immediately evident and your wallet might not care (but for wallet caring, see point #3 above), but Dr. Finn's Games is not Asmodée nor Hasbro so Steve actually does need support during the campaigns for the games to happen. I don't know if you played any of his other games, but if C.O.G. is anything like them, it would be sad if this game never sees the light because it didn't get enough funding.

I'll reconfirm the confirmation on #1 -- Dr. Finn's Games only survives because of Kickstarter campaigns. This game will not be published otherwise, unless some day I hit it big and can publish things on my own without crowdfunding...but I'm a long way from that point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Freiday
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
6.) During the kickstarter campaign you have the opportunity to buy previous games and expansions as add-ons generally at the cheapest prices possible (outside of a special liquidation or sale which is obviously unpredictable).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Schmidt
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
7) You get to help make something really interesting a reality. Worker placement word games are not exactly falling from the skies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Wordker/Worder Placement
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Finn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Putzmanrudy1 wrote:

Yes, a new promo pack was just added with 7 days to go in the campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grandslam wrote:
Wordker/Worder Placement

Crossworker Placement whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.